Page: of 2

chrish
Hatchling

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  09:07:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Hi,well I'm not sure if this is on topic or not but I'm intrigued as to whether all mice/rats etc all have the same fat content etc?
Can't help but wonder as us humans vary so much?
Are only the podgiest ones sold as food or are there variations!

Well its gone way off topic, turned into a slugging match between GP and Mike which isnt necessary and its probably best if everybody else leaves them to it *hint*

Sooooo.....i cant believe that every single mouse and/or rat would have the exact same fat/protein content, the study we've been taking figures from must be a mean percentage for a group.

I shouldnt of thought that they would differ too much though, with such a short lifespan and such a controlled enviroment in which they're raised...

I still have no idea on a snakes actual requirement though, hours of searching until the wee hours of this morning turned up nothing!

0.0.1 Bloodred
0.1.0 Snow
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  09:13:58  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by chrish
its probably best if everybody else leaves them to it *hint*

Seeing as it very much involves me I believe I can get involved. ;) Im sorry if I sound as though Im being rude, Im just really irritated about the situation.

Go to Top of Page

chrish
Hatchling

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  09:19:59  Show Profile
You didnt sound as though you were being rude.....i was just trying to get this thread on track, purely for selfish reasons...i was having fun arguing debating about it! And then it all went a bit pete tong

0.0.1 Bloodred
0.1.0 Snow
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  09:34:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

To be fair, in that example he was right in that case. I'm sure there is another way around and many examples which back up the reverse. And where actually did he say you was wrong? I haven't got my glasses on, but I can't see it. It's difficult to compare as the weight range being given is so wide making it hard to pick examples.

He's not victimising anyway, just saying his opinions. Yes it's blunt but it works. He's only upset 1 that I know of. And that person has upset other people too but you never gave them a warning level or even a proper warning it seems.

He isnt victimising because YOU arent on the recieving end, if you read his comments in reply to mine on several threads you will find that he has in fact been extremely rude and the exact reason I havent posted in a few days, so to me whether I get banned or not I couldnt care less because I am no longer using the forum apart from nosing around. He is in fact a pathetic excuse for a person trying to intimidate me, I refuse to let him continue. And as of the past week or so he has become a very different person, I used to think he was ok, really helpful etc, now he just picks faults and brings more negativity to this forum than I have seen since Ive been here. So now you know, he HAS been victimising, and has ruined this forum for some of us, but there you go. :)

I hardly post now anyway, intact, the last few weeks barely at all until recently.
I posted because you said something stupid, and I told you, if you can't deal with people telling you that then I suggest you stay in, this is the internet, faceless people posting, it doesn't matter, just ignore it if you don't like it.
I wasn't specifically going after you, however you were talking rubbish and clearly not in a position to be giving advice, you were trying to be a know it all, and you failed, its that simple.
If you don't want people to pick on what you say, be more careful about what you say.
If you don't know, then don't say, because you end up giving bad advice.
If you are gonna let me stop you using the forums then you need to grow a spine and stop being so sensitive.

***edited by GP***

Edited by - gingerpony on 31/10/2010 11:28:37
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  09:36:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

quote:
Originally posted by chrish
its probably best if everybody else leaves them to it *hint*

Seeing as it very much involves me I believe I can get involved. ;) Im sorry if I sound as though Im being rude, Im just really irritated about the situation.

No, it doesn't involve you, it was never about you, it was about your bad advice.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  09:52:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address
If you think he was rude, fair enough, but lassy, you have then also been very rude too then. I infact have felt your harsh tone myself, directed towards me but you weren't the only one in that party so fair do's. Other people on the other hand have also been as you put it "victimized" by your posts so why make it all so one sided? Tone is very hard to convay over the internet, remember that.

Who knows what a snake needs to live. In the wild they would be eating lots of different prey like small lizards, mice, rats, other small rodents and who knows what else. Probably baby birds that fall out their nests and because they are oppoistis feeders, well most, they might get really porky :o but they would hibernation naturally therefore they might loose weight. Pet snakes aren't really put into hibernation so maybe their needs are lower than wild ones?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 31/10/2010 09:53:25
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  11:17:12  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message
i read somewhere (think it was on here) that corns that are fed rats get used to them and can refuse mice in the future. Is there any truth in that?

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2010 :  11:25:15  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
mike, i still don't understand how you can be right about something that nobody can prove factually either way but once again, your attitude and abrasive posts have got this locked.

if you are not prepared to stick with the forum guidelines i will have to inform Admin.

LOCKED AGAIN.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 31/10/2010 11:31:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000