New plant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  13:28:59  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Grr!
I just brought an ivy trail thing, It came through the post and I realised it was like plastic chain links, and thought ''oh, what if he gets in the links and gets stuck...don't be stupid Rachel, he will be fine!''
So I put the ivy in, and he was climbing it like a happy little snake, 10 minutes later he's wailing around panicking!!! he can get through the links but he was stuck in two! so I had to get him out. Now i'm panicked and he's probably stressed!
I feel terrible now !

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  14:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not your fault, you did well hanging about after introducing something new. He won't have long term affects but it might be worth a check, make sure there is no damage to the scales etc.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  14:12:29  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He scuttled off and hid so I'm gonna check on him shortly.
Currently in the process of taking off every bundle of leaf and threading them together by hand!
ooh well, nothing better to do , mays well put my boredom to good use!

Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  15:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh heck id would of had a fit lol.

hope hes okay :)

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  16:24:24  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sometimes they do stupid things that belie their intelligence........ *sighs*

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  16:36:37  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

sometimes they do stupid things that belie their intelligence........ *sighs*

Indeed they do lol

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  17:19:30  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes! You'd think after only just getting through one , he wouldnt try and go through two more...
Nevermind, I've put all the leaves on string now and its still made a good climbing frame :) this time without death traps!
it's just half the size, and now I have repetative strain injury to the elbow. The things I do for that snake!

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  19:57:31  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL they do that though and they always manage to get stuck in things you wouldn't think possible. You could save the plants for when he's bigger so he cant get through. One of mine decides when I put one of my cloths in m=the viv and it has slightly loose threads at one point to plough straight through those threads, make a massive hole and then get stuck XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  20:14:22  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They do! They're too mischevious! Doyle likes to get stuck in the viv door hinges ¬_¬ then looks at me as if to say
''um...i know you said not toooo...but I diiiid ''

too late to save the plants, i did think about giving them when he was older but then I thought that would be worse cus he would actually get stuck, not just tightly jammed haha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000