New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wagner1966
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2010 :  17:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We fed our two cornsnakes for the first time today. All seemed to go well. We seperated them for the feed and gave them half an hour apart to let things settle down. 'snake with no name' then scuttled straight up his plant and Adam went straight into his den.
Not sure the pinkie was big enough for 'SWNN' as it seemed to go down in a flash so we are looking at feeding them again on sunday (we had originally decided on feeding once a week)
does this sound like the best idea? I think I read they shouldn't be fed again too soon after a feed.

3.0.0. Amal Corn - Arnold, common corn - Adam, snow corn - Jigsaw

wagner1966
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2010 :  17:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to mention - we've had them since thursday (6 days ago) and still no sign of poop! not sure what and how often to expect it.

3.0.0. Amal Corn - Arnold, common corn - Adam, snow corn - Jigsaw
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2010 :  21:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How big are the snakes?

My snake usually does his business 2 days after a feed but this is just my experience, I'm sure others are faster or slower.

Dont change the size of food based on the speed they eat, go off the size of your snake, 1.5 times the size of the snake at its fattest point MAXIMUM though slightly smaller is better than too big. The common feeding time is every 5-7 days, I go for once a week and this seems to be fine.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000