Feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  15:41:52  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys, Tiko has arrived and I am obeying the rules and leaving him be for a bit. He was last fed a week ago last Tuesday, so 10 days ago, is he going to be ok for another 4 or so days as I have read the recommendations not to feed for a week after arrival?

Just don't want him to starve!

Thanks
Lucy

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  15:46:03  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Corns can go for a good while without food. A few days wont hurt. Dont worry about it, they sometimes dont eat for a few months and are still fine, just beginning to feel a little peckish. :L
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  16:14:10  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I suppose it's east to think of things from a human point of view. I will leave him for a few more days then.

Lucy
Go to Top of Page

chrish
Hatchling

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  16:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He'll be fine, 2 weeks is nothing to them, some hatchies wont eat for months so you have nothing to worry about

0.0.1 Bloodred
0.1.0 Snow
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  23:27:59  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's more important when you first get your snake to give it the full week to settle in. It really won't matter if it has no food in that time. Don't forget to leave it for 48 hours after feeding to digest it's meal. It's hard not being able to handle for so much time but worth it in the end!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  07:11:10  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thansk for the advice.
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  12:32:10  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
one of mine hatched and went seven months before she ate a few days is nothing to them

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  13:00:12  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
seven months, that must have been so stressful for you? I am happy he is starting to settle in as when i got up this morning it looked like he had had a disco cos his substrate and cardboard tubes were all over the place. He pops his head out for a while before emerging. He did shed last night which was brill too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000