New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  16:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am almost sure Cornelius is soon to shed. His colouring is a lot duller, his stomach is more grey rather than black and white and he has taken to keeping in his hides and not coming out.
However I have seen no change to his eyes, which is an obvious sign. It is just I cannot see the eye change clearly due to his colouring or is this something else and he's not soon to shed?

Sorry if it seems overreacting, but this will be his first shed with me so I am a bit nervous.

1.0.0 Normal Corn Snake - Cornelius

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  16:45:04  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Their body tends to dull before the eyes go milky. He will eventually clear up and almost appear as if they have shed. It is then that he is close to shedding. You should be able to quite clearly see the eyes go milky.

Fingers crossed he sheds well for you, since this is his first shed with you, you may want to leave him to it so to speak. Just check on him every few days.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  17:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you :)

1.0.0 Normal Corn Snake - Cornelius

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  18:08:02  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You might notice that his eyes just look a bit of a blur and go a blueish grey colour. Sometimes people don't always notice the eyes changing. Just leave him and see what happens.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  09:06:42  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
all sounds normal pre-shedding, just sit tight, you've prolly got a week before it actually happens

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  20:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snake Spot is just about to shed for the first time for me. (I check him every day) I noticed his belly colouration faded on the 12th on the 13th he started hiding away and it wasn't until the 19th that his eyes went cloudy, today he looks perfectly normal, he is stretching his jaws a LOT to loosen the shed as it starts at the jaw. (its truely fascinating to see them open their mouthes so wide, and show off by flexing each jaw part independently, keep an eye out for their teeth as they flex) I'll let you know when Spot actually sheds but hope this gives you an idea of the time it takes and the stages they go through. I also fed Spot as normal and he ate no problems and he will allow me to handle him but I have kept his disruptions to a minimum as its a very stressful time for him. I guess its down to the snake as to whether you can do either of these. This is my first time going through this with my snake and its fascinating but sadly they go at their own pace and we have to play the waiting game.

PS. A snake diary really helps to understand your snakes routine, I'd not have a clue about the above stuff if I hadn't wrote it down.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000