who do i believe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  21:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
every video i watch or everything i read is different than the last! corns need warm corns dont, high humid not high humid, like to climb dont like to climb bla bla bla is there a happy medium?

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  21:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What exactly have you read?

The care sheet on this site is pretty good - its got the basic stuff that have kept my corns (and i'm sure everybody elses on here too) happy and healthy.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  22:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've learnt in the short time I've owned Loki. They DO like heat but need a cooler area too,although if you live where they originate from it may not be so important to have heating for them.
They don't need high humidity and most shed fine without the humidity upping.
Some don't like to climb,but some like mine haven't heard that their not supposed to and love it

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  02:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the world of corn Wayne . There is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have also found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . Like the fact that so many shops will sell a snake with a starter set up, but not let you know that you need a thermostat to control the heatmat and a digital thermometer to monitor the heat - 2 vital pieces of equipment. I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

As for the particular things you mention....corns need a warm end and a cool end (the warm end being approx 27oC-29oC), they dont need any extra humidity and it can cause health problems if they get it, although corns arent supposed to climb our corns prove the text books wrong and lots of them love it.

Personally I trust this site and the experienced owners on it. Figs has mentioned the best place to look - Care Sheet helpful. For great info on hatchlings then Setting Up A Hatchling Corn Snake - My 101 is definitely required reading and if it is info on setting up a viv for an adult then Setting Up An Adult Corn Snake - My 101 is a good place to start.

The main thing to do is to ask questions if you are getting conflicting information....then the experts on here can give you their views and you can make your own decision as to what you believe to be right.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2010 :  17:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you all thats why i posted that comment only on youre site this is the place we will stay hey kellog thanks for the great info as i am computer challanged and do not know my way around forums or sites everyone else thanks! gotta go shopping now! see ya
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2010 :  19:03:18  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
It can be very confusing out there with so much conflicting advice. Our snakes can make matters worse too because they all have different characters. Some like to climb and some don't, some like to hide while others like to be out watching the world go by, some want to be handled a lot, even when in the blue but others would rather be left alone. Oh boy they do like to worry and confuse us!!
I'm very computer challanged so you're not alone!
This is a great forum, the best cornsnake one on the web in my humble opinion!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000