New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

J6pkp
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  21:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, new on here so thought I'd say hello. I've made a post or two but nothing formal.
We have had 'amber' just over a week now, she (hopefully a she) is an amel and obvioulsy beautiful!! :)
I'll get some pics up asap!!

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  21:34:15  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome officially!
Pics quick..!
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  21:34:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Amels are beautiful snakes, can't wait to see the pics!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

mowdid
Egg

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  21:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there , talk about a small world lol meet our female Amel .... you guessed it.... Amber

Welcome to the forum

0.1.0 - Amel Corn - Amber
1.0.0 - Carolina Corn - Sid
0.0.1 - Striped Cali King - Kong
0.1.0 - Miami Corn - Mimi
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  22:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  07:52:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  10:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome!
What a gorgeous little snakey - very bright
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  10:09:38  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She's gorgeous.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  22:08:05  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi welcome to the forum. Another member for the amel appreciation society :)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  22:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome. You're right Amber is beautiful,congratulations

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  09:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, its great that you have finally got around to letting us welcome you formally ! You will have already seen that this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know....but it is better heard twice than not at all.

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . Like the fact that so many shops will sell a snake with a starter set up, but not let you know that you need a thermostat to control the heatmat and a digital thermometer to monitor the heat - 2 vital pieces of equipment. I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this with Amber, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Amber is such a beautiful snake....and you got a beautiful pic of her as well !

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000