New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  10:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karma hasnt shed since 30th august but i have seen her go blue but nothing? whats wrong with her im gettin worried a bit

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

http://www.TCS-Chat.tk

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  10:58:35  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats not too long is it? Dont they shed far less when they get older? Im not so sure but I thought thats how it worked. Sorry I dont know much.
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  11:47:38  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, they tend to shed less often as they get older. Once their growing rate slows down so does the shedding rate. A month is no time at all, please don't worry.
There's no need to say sorry for "not knowing much" we all have to learn, none of know all there is to know, we just share our knowledge and teach each other as we go!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Edited by - herriotfan on 03/10/2010 11:50:29
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  11:59:45  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am getting soooo intelligent!! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  12:01:37  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

I am getting soooo intelligent!! :P
Tiffany-x

lol......lucky you!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  13:52:39  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Whilst is is true as they get older they shed less often there is always the odd curve ball they throw at you. Like for instance one of mine went hormonal early this year and as a result didnt eat for bout three months. He used to shed every six weeks religiously but when he started eating again that went down to every four as he started to put the weight back on. Also another time he went blue and same as you nothing. He went clear again then a few weeks later back to blue and finally shed. To add to that another one of mine shed twice in one go before i got her. I think they do these things to worry us and keep us on our toes lol

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  04:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am definitely with Elament on this! I have had similar experiences with my 2 corns, both shedding regularly and then deciding to shed totally off schedule ! They definitely do things just to worry us, its their 'corny' sense of humour !!

You say you have seen her go blue, when was that? Silvesta shed recently and it took him 2 weeks from when his eyes cleared before he shed .

Is she feeding, handling and pooing ok?

Just wait and see what happens Thomas and try not to worry (easy to type and hard to do, I know....).

xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  11:13:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CSN

...i have seen her go blue but nothing?

when did you notice her in blue? and are you meaning specifically her eyes?

their eyes cloud over for a few days, clear again, then the snake usually sheds within a week but i have known some take up to 2 weeks at times

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000