Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  22:36:09  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ah thanks G

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  04:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am afraid I am going to be the normal down to earth Kellog that everyone expects Sam (I nearly typed 'knows and loves' but then wasnt sure !!)

I would definitely agree with Sta~ple's about thoughts of your future, I know a forum member who has just had to get rid of his snake because he has gone to uni and couldnt take it with him. And it wouldnt be fair on your parents to leave your snakes with them through term time and just visit on holidays....then they arent your snakes but become your parents responsibility.

I know you say you might not go to uni, but at this point in your life you just dont know.

More of a concern....and responding as a corn snake lover and as a parent of teenagers....you have only had Tiny for a month. I am sure the main thing your dad is worried about is that this is the latest 'in thing' for you and give you a few months you will get bored and then what will happen to the snakes. You may not feel like that now and may never feel like that, but your dad doesnt know and, to be honest, neither do you.

A month is a short time and corns are very addictive, I totally understand that part. But maybe the best way to convince your dad is to give it some time, stop putting pressure on him about getting another one, show him how responsible you are with Tiny and how much you enjoy it, get him involved with handling him if you can (maybe your dad will catch the corn bug and want one of his own )....but speaking as a parent I know that I would respond better to a slower and more tactful encouragement rather than you wanting to rush in and get a 2nd snake now.

Sorry its not the answer you want, but maybe if you give it time and thought you will get that 2nd snake you want....but make sure you take everything (your future, the future of the snakes, cost, your dad) into account.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  10:34:03  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cheers Kellog, helpful stuff im going to wait until the end of january until i bring it up again, as then it would have been longer since i had Tiny and my birthday to cover costs of the possibility of getting another.

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  03:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chez

Cheers Kellog, helpful stuff im going to wait until the end of january until i bring it up again, as then it would have been longer since i had Tiny and my birthday to cover costs of the possibility of getting another.

Sounds like a good plan Sam ....that way not only will you prove to your parents that this isnt something you are going to get bored with but also you will have some money put aside to cover the costs. And I am sure your dad will be relieved to have a few months without the mention of another snake !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  18:22:34  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its harder for me...i volunteer in a reptile shop every staurday, seeing new hatchies and lizards come in makes me want to have all of them xD

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Stacii
Egg

80 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  19:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
say you are looking after it for somoene and then tell him that they cant have it back because they were given a hamster by a family member or somethin

Stacii xx

Casper - Ghost corn '10
Mist - Anery Corn - '07
Cherry - Normal Corn - '10
Amber - Amel Corn - '10
Willow - Normal Royal - '09
Star - Normal het Anery corn - '11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly