Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  12:58:51  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I got my first snake about a month ago and now the addiction has started as I want another one the only problem is that my dad doesn't want me to have another snake, I managed to convince him the first time but this time its a bit harder. does anyone have any suggestions to help me persuade my dad to let me have a second corn snake? Cheers

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  13:32:37  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you find any, tell me as well, because i have Spaghettino for a year now and every time i mention a second corn my parents start the usual "we can't spend that much money" and "Having an animal is a commitment".. :/

Edited by - mozacchio on 29/09/2010 13:32:56
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  14:49:37  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

If you find any, tell me as well, because i have Spaghettino for a year now and every time i mention a second corn my parents start the usual "we can't spend that much money" and "Having an animal is a commitment".. :/

I have the opposite problem. Eerytime i consider getting a new snake my mum claims it. She still referres to rocky as hers.

If it weren't for her hating rats i think she'd buy her own.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  16:50:05  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I have the opposite problem. Eerytime i consider getting a new snake my mum claims it. She still referres to rocky as hers.

If it weren't for her hating rats i think she'd buy her own.

I hate you!
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  16:52:07  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
erm lets get back to the main point of this thread . anyone got any tips to help me convince my dad to let me have a SECOND corn snake?. cheers

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  17:11:09  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the slight hijack.

Tell him he's lonely and needs a girlfriend. But they're too young to live with each other so will be needing sperate rooms (vivs).

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  17:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If have a saturday job or something it might help to save up for the snake and viv etc; it might take a while but its better than nothing
or maybe make a deal or something... let me have another snake and i'll hoover/empty the dishwasher/mow the lawn....
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  19:00:55  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks, i will have the money by january (my birthday) so thats not an issue, its just the fact that my dad doesnt want me to have another snake, i did convince him a month ago for my first snake. i dont know why he wont let me but i need help to try to convince him.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  19:02:02  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Try finding out the reasons why he won't let you first. You can't provide answers if you don't truly know the problem.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  19:44:12  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think its that ive got 1 snake now and he probably thinks thats good enough, so any tips to help me persuade him please tell me.
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  19:51:39  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not to start a lecture/rant but what are your plans for the future? That's what he might be thinking of. It would be unfair if yo were to move away to uni and your dad/mum look after 2 snakes he might think.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  19:53:14  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if i would move to uni i would be taking my snake/s with me, they would never have anythin to do with them

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  20:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also remember that equipment cost is less as well.
You wont need another stat if you get the same sized setups.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  20:02:39  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
why wont i need another stat, i will need another heat mat, so doesnt that mean another stat?

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  20:36:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chez

if i would move to uni i would be taking my snake/s with me, they would never have anythin to do with them

You better start searching for houses early that allow pets, b/f has been through that and it's not easy. Unless your going to put them in RUB's under your bed but surprise inceptions are an ****.

Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  21:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in my second year of Uni and of course was not allowed a snake last year in halls, I had to wait until this year. Thankfully my friends I live with and my landlord are all happy for me to go ahead with my snake plans, but I am lucky in this, a lot of university rental properties do not allow animals of any sort :(

1.0.0 Normal Corn Snake - Cornelius

Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  21:10:28  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i might not go to uni so i dont know :S

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  21:27:11  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

why wont i need another stat, i will need another heat mat, so doesnt that mean another stat?

If the mats are of the same size and wattage, and ideally inside/under the same sized vivs, then they can both run off 1 stat.
Again, this is provided that they don't exceed the max wattage on the stat.

An example is a viv stack I've nearly finished, it's a triple 36x16x16
A ministat 100 will run three 14 watt 12x12 mats, leaving a total of 55 watts spare.
Technically, I could build another stack of the same dimensions and run another 3 mats off it. However, monitoring of temps is still crucial.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  21:37:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadie_Hunt

I am in my second year of Uni and of course was not allowed a snake last year in halls, I had to wait until this year. Thankfully my friends I live with and my landlord are all happy for me to go ahead with my snake plans, but I am lucky in this, a lot of university rental properties do not allow animals of any sort :(

Indeed, you are lucky. My b/f in all the housing he has been in hasn't been allowed any pets at all and his accommodation is out of uni. One some are normally fine with depending on the animal, 2 is when you kind of push it. I was denied housing with 2 snakes silly as it is, but they worry about the smell. Most went off the idea of snakes when I said I feed them froze mice not bugs (as they were initially worried about bugs escaping), and that they go in the freezer.

I have also heard of many a tale where the owner of the snake is out and drunken house mates decide to have a play....

If you really want another I would just tell him that in viv stacks, 2 vivs take up the same space as one :) and that buying food online this way for 2 when they are fully grown will be cheaper than buying food for one from a petshop.

Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  21:37:32  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how would you connect 2 mats to 1 stat, and how will you know that both vivs will be the same temp?. cheers

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  21:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

how would you connect 2 mats to 1 stat, and how will you know that both vivs will be the same temp?. cheers

if both mats are the same they will switch on and off at the same time you also have to have thermometer probes for each.

You connect a extension socket into the stat and each of the mats will plug into the extension

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000