Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  12:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am hoping to purchase my first cornsnake sometime in the next two months and have looked at all the things I will need as essential items. However I am having trouble finding a starter kit or vivarium set up that has all these things in them, as I would prefer to buy them all at once together. Does anyone know of a good starter kit or vivarium set up online? I have looked at various websites but all seem to lack something or not be too good quality wise :/ Is it even possible to buy all the items in one kit?

Thank you for any help you can give!

1.0.0 Normal Corn Snake - Cornelius

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  12:28:33  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
most so called complete starter kits dont come with a thermostat.
theres a link section on this forum with loads of different websites you might have some luck there :]

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  12:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is very difficult to come by a full setup online as most starter kits come without a stat, just a case off looking online an getting a site that will provide all your requirements but may no be as a single starter kit.

http://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/

are just a few, but as i said you may need to order things separately from the site, for example the stat may not come with a starter kit but will be available to purchase separately.

Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  12:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you :)

Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  12:54:42  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think i read on another post that someone called bluelizard and placed an order for their starter kit but swapped out the thermometers for digital ones etc (ie customised the order) and it didnt cost much more than the original kit did.

Cornsnakes 1.0.0 Cassius, Carolina, CB-22/07/10
Dogs 1.0.0 - Gorman, Black Labrador

Location Lincoln UK
My Photography http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery

Edited by - clintham on 27/09/2010 13:08:04
Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  13:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you :)
I am now looking at the 888 and bluelizard starter kits, both seem really good :)

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  06:42:45  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a starter kit for Reptilekeeping Online, if you wanted to change anything for it you could email them and ask if they would do that:-

http://reptilekeeping.co.uk/complete-corn-snake-starter-kit-basic-p-1831.html

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  10:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That kit looks fantastic :D thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  10:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am now looking at the kits from the three sites suggested, but am having trouble picking which one would be best? Has anyone bought from these sites or has one of these kits? Any opinions on best one?
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=2623&ProductGroupID=1287
http://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/starterkits/snakes/5023556451022
http://reptilekeeping.co.uk/complete-corn-snake-starter-kit-basic-p-1831.html

Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  12:24:06  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dont think you can go far wrong with any tbh - digital thermometer is a very good thing though - strip thermometers are pants!

Cornsnakes 1.0.0 Cassius, Carolina, CB-22/07/10
Dogs 1.0.0 - Gorman, Black Labrador

Location Lincoln UK
My Photography http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  13:55:58  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://reptilekeeping.co.uk/complete-corn-snake-starter-kit-basic-p-1831.html is nicer and includes a book which I think all starts kits should along with a stat. Does it come with a stat? It goes on how important it is to have a stat and shows a picture of it in yet, it doesn't list it. Although I am pretty darn sure you could get stuff cheaper if you bought it separately. You also have to remember, you will need to spend another £20-35 on a stat which most kits do not come with.

You can get a good snake set-up for about £50-£60, including a stat.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  14:25:11  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The first setup at 888reptiles would need 2 digital thermometers to replace the strip thermometers as the strip ones are rubbish for anything other than fish tanks so that would up the price. Plus the mat and stat are by Komodo which I don't think are as good as Habistat.

The second set is quite expensive for what you get, plus you don't even get a thermostat with this setup which is bad considering it has been endorsed by a reptile expert.

The third set is quite good for the price. The mat and stat are by Habistat which is good. It has a bigger sized water dish as the small one is tiny. The only thing you might need to check is if you get 2 digital thermometers. If you only get 1 you will just need to buy another one (you get them for a few quid of Ebay) or you could see if Reptilekeeping will put you another one in for a few quid. Plus you get a good book too.

I think the kit from Reptilekeeping Online is the best one to go for, the other two are rubbish imo.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  14:31:44  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

http://reptilekeeping.co.uk/complete-corn-snake-starter-kit-basic-p-1831.html is nicer and includes a book which I think all starts kits should along with a stat. Does it come with a stat? It goes on how important it is to have a stat and shows a picture of it in yet, it doesn't list it.

Hi

The Reptilekeeping basic snake setup does list a thermostat, it comes with a Habistat Mat Stat, its the first thing on the list of stuff it has in the setup.

Me thinks someone needs to go to Specsavers.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  15:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your help :) I have now ordered the one from reptilekeeping :)

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  15:19:35  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent, you will be all set up soon.

What colour Cornsnake do you want, is there any you are interested in?

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  17:02:37  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryanred5

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

http://reptilekeeping.co.uk/complete-corn-snake-starter-kit-basic-p-1831.html is nicer and includes a book which I think all starts kits should along with a stat. Does it come with a stat? It goes on how important it is to have a stat and shows a picture of it in yet, it doesn't list it.

Hi

The Reptilekeeping basic snake setup does list a thermostat, it comes with a Habistat Mat Stat, its the first thing on the list of stuff it has in the setup.

Me thinks someone needs to go to Specsavers.

Already been XD I was being illy and looking for the key word of stat in the list not thermostat >>;

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  18:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my eye on an 8month bloodred, gender unknown :) Going tomorrow to reserve so that once everything is set up I can collect (hopefully) on thursday or friday!

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  18:30:04  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh nice, I am rather partial to Bloodreds, I've got a 10 week old one called Phoenix.

Will look forward to seeing yours when you get it.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

Sadie_Hunt
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  20:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will get piccys up as soon as possible :D

Go to Top of Page

Blue Lizard Reptiles
Snake Mite

6 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2010 :  17:32:34  Show Profile  Visit Blue Lizard Reptiles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bit late now for this case, but we now do our own range of snake starter kits as none of the off the peg ones seemed quite right to us.

They all include the essentials such as a thermostat, and are great value.
Go to Top of Page

chrish
Hatchling

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2010 :  19:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats good to know. If you post a link up it would be helpful to anybody looking to get started

0.0.1 Bloodred
0.1.0 Snow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000