HELP ME!! (escaped snake)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  16:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My older brothers Carolina corn snake escaped from it's vivarium last night! We found faeces near the vivarium!! Where is it likely to have gone if the door was closed all night! I'm clueless as to what time it got out, he woke up turned on the heat light and then found that it was missing!! Please Help!!! :/

***moved from Health to General Keeping by GP***

Edited by - gingerpony on 26/09/2010 21:30:18

sly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  17:45:39  Show Profile  Click to see sly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear mate hope u find the snake soon

James

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  18:21:41  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
First of all go through every inch of the viv, you'd be surprised how many are found curled up unaware of all the fuss!
Then look in all the warmest places, don't forget behind radiators, in computer housing, under keypads, in the airing cupboard, in and behind the cooker, electric fires etc. Then look through clothing, in pockets, sleeves, legs. Check handbags, rucksacks and the like.
Put some flour round the edges of the rooms to see if the snake slithers through it. They tend to keep to the edges when moving.
Make a bottle trap with some food.
Look on top of cupboards too, don't forget snakes climb!
Hope this helps. Fingers crossed you find him soon.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

chrish
Hatchling

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  19:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard a lot of mention about bottle traps...maybe somebody will ellaborate for you! Theres a guide somewhere to making them. Good Luck!

0.0.1 Bloodred
0.1.0 Snow
Go to Top of Page

Covps2blue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  20:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have lost mine twice, first time it was gone for 3 months second time it was gone for a week, never left the room the second time, I reckon. If you haven't turned the room upside down, then do it now. look in warm locations. It will turn up! Let us know how it goes.

Regards

George

Syd a Carolina

Amber a Hypo Het lavender/Bloodred
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  02:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry to hear about your brother's lost corn Tom. Herriotfan has given you some great advice. Have a look through Lost Snake to get some more hints on what you can do (it gives you a link to instructions on how to make the bottle trap mentioned).

The main thing is for you both not to panic and not to give up hope....corns are amazingly hardy and resourceful so can survive a long time, it is just a case of you finding it. Please let us know how you are doing.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  16:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much everyone!! Still hasn't turned up but it's only been a couple of days!! Thanks PS. My name is actually Thomas I just wrote for short! Thanks again!! :)
Go to Top of Page

JackHutchy979
Hatchling

199 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  16:54:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Covps2blue were did you find him each time?
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  17:45:49  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck finding your snake. I lost one of mine once. I began a very methodical search of the room from top to bottom starting in the area around the viv and working away. I found him about 4 hours later under one of my sofas about 2 meters from his viv. He was missing a maximum of 2 days.
I do advise a good thorough search. But don't think about the size he is, think alot smaller as they can squeeze into very small areas.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Covps2blue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  18:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JackHutchy979

Covps2blue were did you find him each time?

The first time, She turned up ion the bath room, (That was the time she was gone for 3 months). She was very weak mind, I don't think she had had much water, and I built her strength up by just giving her water for the first 5 days then gave her a meal, she is a adult so I normally give here large mice but gave here fuzzies to begin with then moved up in size after a month. The next time I lost here was when feeding and I got distracted came back an hour later to find I had left the door open Doh!! She turned up however a week later when she decided to knock a vase over in my bedroom and startle me!!!

Syd a Carolina

Amber a Hypo Het lavender/Bloodred
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  03:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hutchy T

Thanks very much everyone!! Still hasn't turned up but it's only been a couple of days!! Thanks PS. My name is actually Thomas I just wrote for short! Thanks again!! :)

So sorry it still hasnt turned up Thomas, but dont give up hope and dont give up looking....re-search all the places you have already.

(and apologies for getting your name wrong )

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  08:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog - thanks for your help anyway! Don't worry bout the name it was my fault for writing Tom!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  08:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hav bottle trap set up now I just have to wait :/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  08:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And thanks to every1