Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  09:32:41  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there does seem to be loads of escapees at the moment - lots of snakes to be renamed houdini when they return home!

i will defiantely do everything i can to stop cassius escaping - regardless of how it looks etc!

Cornsnakes 1.0.0 Cassius, Carolina, CB-22/07/10
Dogs 1.0.0 - Gorman, Black Labrador

Location Lincoln UK
My Photography http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  13:59:09  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that looks amazing, he will abs love it in there :D i am sooooo glad he is going into a great home like that :) he is a lil rebel of a snakie so i would defo make sure inbetween the glass has something to stop him escaping it wasnt that long ago i completly forgot to do that when i moved pippa into her viv and she tried to get out (just after she had eaten) and actually got stuck in the middle (and of course it didnt help when ma cat was trying to get her either) and she has a few scratches, left blood on the glass but she is fine.
hmmm if i do say so myself he looks rather handsum in that piccie :) ;)

not long to goooo (then ya might even get to see ma new lil additions to)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  14:18:49  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i know not long to go - im so excited now his viv is ready. had it running for a while now - temps are nice and steady - very little change really considering my stat is an on/off one.
i will be putting something in the glass, will be doing everything i can to minimise the chances of him escaping
looking forward to seeing your recent additions too

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  14:29:21  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol good good :)
im almost excited for you lol :D
haha, i cant believe i got them yesterday and completly forgot to take piccies of them grrrr now the long dredded week grrr :/

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  06:17:13  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've found Kellogs post and pics that shows the red slide binder that she put on the inside piece of glass to stop her Corn getting out of his viv. Here is the link I (if it takes you back to page 1, you will need to go to page 4 to find her post with the pics on):-

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6324&whichpage=4

Here is a link to the search I did for what Kellog used on her viv on Ebay, they are called Slide Binders, you can get them in different colours and also different widths (the width is what is opposite the slide opening):-

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=slide+binder&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&_odkw=paper+slide+binder&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Hope these 2 links help.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  06:24:47  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know this is for 10 of the Slide Binders, but they are clear and only just over £2 with free postage, so not bad at all, here is the link:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Slide-Binders-6mm-CLEAR-Pack-10-FREE-POSTAGE-/380250998254?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&hash=item5888b9c5ee

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  10:12:26  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow very useful - thanks! i will definately be purchasing - £2.19 isnt much to stop my snake escaping!!

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  05:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryanred5

I've found Kellogs post and pics that shows the red slide binder that she put on the inside piece of glass to stop her Corn getting out of his viv........

Wow Ryan, am rather embarrassed that anyone remembered about those pics and the slide binder ....and even more cross with myself for forgetting about it and not suggesting it !! Just glad you are on the ball ....thank you!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  11:52:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How did you make the plants at the side stand up vertically? And how did you partition it? I think I'm in need or partitioning my vivs for bigger and heavier water dishes.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  16:40:30  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the plants are about 1 inch taller than the viv. i just wedged them upright. the partition is from some spare contiboard i had cut to size. i was going to screw it it place but it was a tight fit so i only used aquarum sealant to hold it in place.
if i can help you any more pls let me know

Location Lincoln UK

Edited by - clintham on 16/10/2010 16:40:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: