Cleaning the tank
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  14:47:20  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know there are many topics that are about this issue and i've read them, but there is a problem. Here in Greece there are not many pet shops that sell reptiles, therefore i can't easily find a reptile cleaner either. What should i do? Buy one online (i think it's gonna cost a lot to deliver it in Greece) or is there an easier solution?

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  15:34:42  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Baby safe disinfectant is pretty much the same thing and obv if its safe for bubbas its fine for snakes, so find some of this stuff will be fine. :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  15:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, or, warm soapy water with a good rinse will do.

Use washing up liquid, if you can get it out there, or, put all the decor in the dishwasher and wipe the viv down with a cloth that has been dunked in warm soapy water, then rinse the viv down.

Edited by - hillzi on 16/10/2010 15:37:11
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  17:36:41  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I read that baby safe disinfectant is not enough for snakes.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6227&SearchTerms=clean,tank

quote:
Originally posted by PunkAsF82

don;t use anything that you would use for human disinfecting. They are too strong and the odours will affect their respitory systems. Best to use a baby disinfectant at least, but it's easy enough to find reptile disinfectants that aren't expensive. I have a very good one, its yellow in a spray bottle, can't remember the name but it has a green lizard on the front. Very long lasting and you don't need much, and barly smells of anything :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000