Corn snake is inactive.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  01:10:28  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey all. Astra is about 2 and a half years old now, and I've noticed that recently she's been getting quite inactive. At first I just assumed she was coming up for a shed, but then I realised that she'd only shed last week and when I got her out, she hadn't started fading or anything.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? She's her usual self when I get her out to handle and eats her x-large mouse every 8-9 days perfectly (strike-constrict).

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  03:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may just be corn behaviour Janos. I dont see my 2 corns unless I get them out to handle them....they are always secreted away in their hides (am sure some friends think I have 2 empty vivs and just tell them I have snakes to scare them !!).

I expect that Astra is coming out at night when you are fast asleep, and the facts that she is her usual self when handled and eating so well are both great signs.

As to why her behaviour has changed I am no expert....maybe it is just the change of season? But as long as she remains healthy and there are no other changes in her behaviour then I wouldnt think it is anything to worry about .

xxx

(by the way, how old is she and how much does she weigh? My Kellog is on x-large mice but every fortnight....you would normally begin feeding x-large mice every 10 days, not far off your 8/9 I know, but I was just curious.)

Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  05:30:07  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah, maybe I should feed her less often?

She's about 2.5 years old, she's an 08, from around June. I havn't weighed her in a good few months, but she's ~ 300g. I only actually moved her onto xl mice late August, it didn't occur to me to change how often I feed her also. ^^;

But thanks, it's good to know that I probably shouldn't worry ^^; I'm a worrier by nature I guess ^^;

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000