New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  21:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone

gotta take my newest snake to the vet tomorrow. not had to go before.went to ameyzoo and showed him to mark. turns out he has a broken spine...
dont know how its happened. ive pretty much been accused but i can guarantee it was not me!!!!

im gutted as i know its not looking good....

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  21:54:57  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh no, that sounds terrible =[

Good luck for tomorrow, I do hope all is well, even though it may not seem like it right now. They're stronger than we give credit for, and they surprise us all the time.

Any idea's as to how it's spine is broken? If it's anything like my eldest corn who trashes her viv and knocks branches down, that may be an idea?

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  23:05:50  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear, that sounds terrible. I hope all will go well tomorrow. Keep us informed. Maybe like Scarlett said it could be thrashing about trashing everything.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  23:23:29  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quite a few years ago someone over on the dark side (when it was a nice friendly place!) had a corn with a broken spine and his vet put it in a splint until it healed up :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  00:01:18  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aha I love Mark :) such a jolly chap who defo knows his stuff

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  09:51:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
a broken spine isn't the end of the world or unrepairable.........fingers crossed for both of you

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  12:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well been to vets this morning and waiting for xray results now!
fingers crossed!!!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  13:29:11  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my fingers are crossed for you too hun. Hope it isn't too serious

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  14:07:21  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
marks great :)

hope he gets better, im sure he will :) outta interest which vet did u use, just incase i ever have to use one (touch wood i dont!) but will jot it down just incase cos i know the one near me dosnt have expertise in reps and be good to know of one near by :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000