New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Serpentine
Snake Mite

Ireland
16 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  20:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, got my hatchling corn just over a week ago from a breeder, seemed to be settling into his new home pretty well - was active every evening for a couple of hours and generally seemed in good spirits. For the last couple of days though he's just stayed in his hide, has shown no interest in food yet although he was eating 2 pinkies a week before I bought him (I'm not too worried about that yet - have been told it can take up to a month to get them eating after getting them home). My snake (Sid) is about 3 months old and about 12" - 14" long.

Am I just being overly nervous or is there something to worry about here?

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  20:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nothing to worry about at all, missing a feed or 2 wont cause any problems.

Go to Top of Page

Serpentine
Snake Mite

Ireland
16 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  20:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gmac, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac myself so I'm probably doing the same thing with Sid now.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  20:13:42  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He's still settling in, bless him, don't worry. It can take some snakes ages to really feel at home.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gregDT
Egg

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  22:29:38  Show Profile  Visit gregDT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He might be about to shed. They go all "Leave me alone" when that happens. Also you might notice his skin dulls in colour and his eyes become milky or blue. These are all signs of an impending shed.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  23:38:43  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gregDT beat me to it! He may be about to shed. My snake is about to shed and she's been in her hide for about 5 days now.

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Serpentine
Snake Mite

Ireland
16 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  10:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the advice, my mind is more at ease now. Guess I should just try to relax and give him time to settle.
Go to Top of Page

Serpentine
Snake Mite

Ireland
16 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  21:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, just thought I'd post an update on Sid.

Got a text while I was working this evening from my fiancee telling me Sid had finally emerged from his hide - and was shedding right before her eyes!! I wouldn't mind so much only I wasn't even supposed to work today, I'm covering a colleagues birthday. On the bright side, Sid is back to his normal self - still looking for a way out of his viv. Thanks for all the help.

1 tortoise - Dude

1 rabbit

1 anery corn - Sid
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  12:09:11  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great news :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000