hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  17:52:33  Show Profile  Click to see sly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all my name is James

i have had hims since the weekend

and this is my first corn snake sly hope u like :)

James

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  17:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  18:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome
Such a lovely teeny tiny snake
Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  18:52:16  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hiya,

oooh sooo cute lil baby snakey!! Love it!!

0.0.2 Corn Snakes - Betty (Anery) and Sanchez (Carolina)
1.0.0 - Royal Python - Chancho
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  18:57:52  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
welcome to the forum :]
Nice pic

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  19:31:54  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi sly nice choice on the snake
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  20:24:41  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice pic smiffy but your going to have to seriously reduce it in size if your going to use it as a sig,its bigger than my screen.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  20:37:36  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi James
Welcome to the forum.
Hope Sly soon settles in with you. He's very handsome!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  02:21:39  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nawww cute snakie and welcome here :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  09:49:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  14:50:13  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome! Very cute snake

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  02:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi James, it is really good that you have joined us! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know....but it is better heard twice than not at all.

I am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133. As it is a hatchling you have then this thread http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878 is required reading !

I know you say you got Sly at the weekend, we always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)....no handling or feeding for the first week to allow him to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and his new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so he can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about Sly not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. If you havent done this then it might be a good idea to start doing it now, just to give Sly the best start you can give him .

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this with Sly, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

sly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  15:58:53  Show Profile  Click to see sly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
silly question can u guys tell me was morph etc he is can remeber what he was been a busy week at work mind has gone to mush lol

yeah i can see why they can be addictive to have fingers crossed not to many ;)

James

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  16:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there & welcome. He looks like my Delilah - she's a caramel - there's pics of her in the photo section to compare her with Sly.
Enjoy!

Andy & Michelle
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Delilah)
1.1.0 Dogs (Rottie - Rocco, Staffie - Jinx)
1.0.0 Cat (Mr Darcy)
Go to Top of Page

sly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  17:43:50  Show Profile  Click to see sly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i wish i remebered dowwww. hope there are plenty of good people who can help :) thanks

James

Go to Top of Page

chrish
Hatchling

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  19:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome, very nice snake you have there

0.0.1 Bloodred
0.1.0 Snow
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome. He's gorgeous,reminds me of my Loki. I've asked on here and mines a normal,yours is very similar if thats any help

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  02:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sly

silly question can u guys tell me was morph etc he is can remeber what he was been a busy week at work mind has gone to mush lol

Firstly....the only silly question is the one you dont ask ! No question is regarded as silly on this forum!!

Secondly....if you want to know what morph Sly is for sure put some pics up of him in the Corn Morph section and I am sure our Morph Master can give you a positive identification. Just try and make sure that the pics show his colouring as true to natural as possible, taking them with a flash does tend to change their colouring from what it really is.

Thirdly....the mind mush thing, thats nothing to worry about....you will soon get used to my constant brain fog !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  17:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! and Welcome! I hope you find this forum and it's members as informative and awesome as I have! Nice snake! Enjoy him!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000