Shedding?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  17:37:59  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my snakey i got just over a week ago had a slightly darker head than bod, as i look at her her pattern just goes lighter and more colourful than he head, does this mean she is about to shed or is it just normal? her head also looks quite shiny. thanks

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  19:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably just normal.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  20:32:17  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When she goes into shed 'mode' her whole body will look much duller than normal, her eyes will go cloudy and look blue (unless she has red eyes, in which case they just look cloudy)then her eyes will clear and her body will go back to normal. A couple of days or so after that she will shed and you will be the very proud owner of a really bright fresh looking snake!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  22:32:56  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think you posted something similar to this the other day about shedding (sorry if it wasn't you, i have bad memory, or good! depending on if it was you or not! lmao, ijust confused myself)...
Anyway ^.^
If you're still not sure of shedding colour, maybe this can help you out a little

Compared to my sig pic of Doyle, you can see how dull/bluey he is, and his eyes are completely dulled over
Hope this helps abit :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000