is this a sign of shed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  19:24:47  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i got a corn snake last weekend and got her out to handle today, i noticed her head was slightly blue-ish and shiny, does this mean she is in shed, her eyes are normal coloured though so im not sure. and help will be apreciated

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  20:15:51  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not necessarily, Doyles head appears to be shiny /bluey in certain lights when he's not about to shed

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  23:35:31  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If her head is usually like that then she probably isn't. Wait a few more days and try to check again, as her eyes will be blue too if she's getting ready to shed =]

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  08:43:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as their eyes go opaque for a few days then clear again before actually shedding i'd treat her as being 'in blue' (going through ecdysis - the shedding process) and keep handling to a very bare minimum for another week.

offer a feed if you want, some will eat while they're in blue and some won't so don't be worried if the feed is refused.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000