New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  16:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just been reading my first ever issue of PRK and fell in love with the carpet pythons. Christmas is coming up and I don't know what to ask for yet soooo...

Anyone know of a good UK based caresheet I could look at? All the ones I've found talk in gallons and farenheit etc which is right over my head! Also, my house is much colder than theirs so housing might need to be different from the mesh tops I'm reading about. Cheers.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  11:01:14  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
there's a few people on here with them, my OH being one of them............
my limited experience with this particular species is mixed........the 2 females i would/will handle, the snappy male i try to avoid lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2010 :  09:22:19  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
same i have a jcp, and if u remeber im only 20 miles or so from u so your more than welcome to come and look at might set up sometime

in regards to caresheet i didnt tend to use just one i read lots of used bits i found relevent from each, as with corns depending in what age you get depends on the viv, mines in a normal memlamine viv currantly 36x15x15 inch but will be looking to change soon to a 48x24x24. heat wise he has a basking spot under uv at 30oC with a 8 oC night time drop, and humity is up and down between 40-60 depending on lots of variables

although mine has 2 ground hides he rarly uses them hes normally happily curled up sat in his branches

they take mice fine as youngsters but will some out grow jumbos and need bigger rodents, ive had no luck getting mine to take weaner rats after nearly a year of trying, so ive no gone for the gerbil route which i must say he was very quick on the uptake, also have chicks he has sometimes and again takes with no problems

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2010 :  17:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for the replies. I'm really just at the 'toying with it as an idea' stage. Think it might be a bit too much of a leap up for me at the mo though, hmmmm...

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2010 :  21:54:37  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
they not that hard to look after

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000