New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  19:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I've only just discovered this forum! (Hi, everybody!)

If you've seen my thread over on TCS you will know I've started keeping crickets as pets. It started because I thought I'd find the noise they make restful (I do) and they are in fact very entertaining beasties in their own right, despite a spot of cannibalism.

My only worry is that if a female escaped and laid eggs somewhere in the house, would the offspring survive the British climate and infest the place? Personally I'm not really fazed by the idea of a few crickets about but if I ever moved it might 'bug' the estate agent ... 'hot and cold running crickets in both bedrooms' ...no. 'Built in white noise to distract from noisy neighbours' ... not cricket!

These are the ordinary crickets sold as rep food, not a native variety. Anybody got any ideas?

Tweet tweet ... (Shut up, Hannibal!)

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  20:34:31  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this is the TCS lmao
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  20:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaa arww bless yaa BATS lmaoo xx

Megg :) xxx

Creamsickle Corn Snake- Tangoo (Ginge) :)

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  20:56:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
BATS, you fool

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  21:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, well, thanks, guys!

Just thought there might be a lizard owner about who knew about escaping crickets?

Just for that - BATS's revenge!

This polar bear goes into a pub.

Polar bear: Hi. Do you serve bears in this pub?

Barman: We serve anybody, mate. What would you like?

Polar bear: I'll have a vodka and .....................................................................................................tonic, please.

Barman: Coming up, mate. But why the big pause?

Polar bear (holding up his mitts): I'm a polar bear - of course I've got big paws!

Hehehe (cackles evilly!)
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  21:23:45  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh dear! lol!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  21:38:38  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh BATS your so silly! :P But funny! LMAO.
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  23:54:43  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im not saying a word... except i now have my pet cricket back only the one this time and her name is chloe :D she only lil :D will have a baby baby soon :)

o and had some loose crickets once and well they were fine and as for the neighbours whooo care's whats bugs them... the fact i have snakies that will aparntly eat them annoys m so the lil crickets wont hurt :P :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  10:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, CrazyJJ and hi, Chloe. (Chloe the cricket ... cool! As good as Philip the snake!)

Thanks - I know in America where it's warmer they can infest houses but wasn't sure if it could happen over here. It was the estate agent that I was afraid of bugging if I ever sold this house ... yeah, b***er the neighbours! I'm quiet and I keep myself to myself - what more do they want?

Hope Chloe lays some eggs for you soon!
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  11:54:44  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol terrible joke

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  12:39:09  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol chloe is only a lil baby herself... although she needs some headache tabs atm as i just dropped her tub on the floor... oopppssie (no animals were harmed during that)

might have to steal a older cricket and with abit of luck i will have lil ns :D

lol dunno tbh about infesting haha... i dont care tbh were supposed to be moving soon aswell so there might be some lil crickets walking about but ahhh well :) the neighbours annoy me anyways... as they dont walk there dog grrrrr and its a border collie grrrrr i just want to steal him along wit the rest of ma zoo!!

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  18:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lizard keeper here!!

Iv had a few escapees... There was one VERY persistant one in my bedroom before that took me days to locate! Sorry to inform you that once they're inside they won't die of cold or anything, and they'll probably be able to find some munchies about the place! Iv never had one lay eggs outside the lizard tank ( to my knowledge!) your best bet is to not let any escape! And another thing, they love grapes! I usually feel guilty and give the box of crickets a last supper of grapes before they are chucked to the beast! So if you're feeling like treating your.... pets (?) then grapes are the way to go!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000