Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  17:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. This seems to be a very interesting forum, friendly and informative. My partner and I are very experienced pet owners (I ran a rescue for many years) Our current family includes many birds, two rats and three tanks of guppies BUT we have neither of us owned reptiles. We have just unexpectedly acquired a female ghost corn which was unwanted so will be looking to the forum and website for help and advice. We have named our new arrival Florence and she is unbelievably sweet. I will take a photo of the home that she arrived with and post it here for comments as it has an unguarded lamp which I am unhappy about and I'm also not sure about other aspects of it. Bye for now.

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  17:33:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya maisie and welcome to the forum.
You'll find a lot of useful info in the caresheet and on several 'stickies' ne the first page of many of the sub-forum topics.

Shall await your photos, and any questions, just feel free to ask.

As someone once said "the only daft questions are the ones that haven't been asked"

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  17:39:43  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
I think this is the best cornsnake forum you can join, I joined a few but don't have much to do with the 'others' anymore, this is by far the friendliest!
Post photos and tell us about the setup and we can sort it out for you. Must get that bulb guarded tho' asap.
Anything else just ask.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  19:24:46  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome!
I love the name Florence :D can't wait to see pics of her!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  21:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiyaa :)

Welcome to the forum! :D xx

Megg :) xxx

Creamsickle Corn Snake- Tangoo (Ginge) :)

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  21:41:20  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
welcome!

I'm pretty new here and its a great forum! :)

Have to say Florence is an adorable name, post some pics when you can :D

0.0.2 Corn Snakes - Betty (Anery) and Sanchez (Carolina)
1.0.0 - Royal Python - Chancho
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  04:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  10:29:27  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome here :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  21:49:56  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  01:47:54  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi welcome to the forum
look forward to the pics!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  09:27:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  11:14:44  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Howdy! Welcome to the forum!

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  13:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick update- been away for a few days (my son was taking care of everyone). Florence has been out for the first time today, she was great, very lively. I am having trouble with getting photos on to new PC at the moment (hardware problems) but will post when sorted. Looking online for a guard for the lamp. Co-incidentally we went to Wales and visited Borth Animalarium where we were invited to handle two corn snakes!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  14:49:00  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you have found us. Anything you need to know just search or ask if your not sure. We will look forward to updates and pics when you can manage it. Maybe if you can't post pics yet then maybe a good description will help until you can.

How lucky are you to get chance to rescue. As much as I wouldn't like to think of any animal suffering, if I was given the option of rescuing then no-one could moan about me getting a new addition lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  21:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here she is! (sorry you got me as well) She was sitting so quietly on my lap that Ken was able to take a photo. When he had her she was moving so fast I couldn't get a pic!
We were told that she was a ghost but really have no idea so please feel free to correct me on that.
She is just so lovely!
(If pic is a bit big please let me know how the heck to do a better job)

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  21:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice wee ghost

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  21:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and the viv that she came with...

Edited by - n/a on 16/09/2010 22:01:53
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  22:20:42  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd advise a guard around the bulb, especially if its the source of heat.

Beautiful snake btw.

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  23:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been looking for a guard locally and will be able to get one tomorrow. I have been very unhappy with it since we got her but she has lived like this for at least one year with her previous owner. (we'll eventually get another viv)
Thanks for comments on Florence, I didn't think a snake could be so cute!
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  23:36:10  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ah thats ok then. She must be a sensible snake cos I'm sure my snake would wrap herself round that bulb at the first chance she gets!

How long is she now? That viv might be a tad too small, I may be wrong though.

Congratulations though! What sort of rats do you have? My girlfriend just adopted some that a pet shop couldn't sell. They seem to have taken more of a liking to me so far!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  23:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think she is around 3', we did think a bigger viv might be better for her size. We've had a lot of rats over the last few years, the current two are Nobby, brown/white, my darling baby who spends most of his time under the throw on the settee so we have to feel for the lump before sitting down, and Spud a grey/white dumbo who unfortunately is a bitey psycho-rat; he really does attack with no provocation I've never known one like him. Ken says at least we ended up with him not someone who would throw him out or worse.
Just to explain that Ken and I live in next-door flats so the rats are in one and Florence in the other for added safety!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000