Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  03:07:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

......you should have thermostat at the warm end and one at the cold end..................

I assume you meant thermometer. If not then I need to buy another 13 stats because I only have them in the warm end.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  03:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

kdlang, I didnt say to use tape, I said IF you decide to BE CAREFUL

I don't use time as I mentioned in another post, I've used Geocel Aquarium sealant to keep mine down, works a treat and is NOT toxic to any reptiles.

and i have the exact thermometre you posted the link for ebay

CentricMalteser, Kdlang didn't say you did use tape it was recommended that tape is not used within the snakes enclosure, which i find excellent advice.

Also please try not to use uppercase when speaking directly to someone on forums it is seen as shouting.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  17:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An good quality analogue thermometer is at least as reliable as a digital one. The important part is to make sure either the sensor or the thermometer is on the heatmat itself along with a thermostatic control with the sensor in the same place.

I use a Microclimate Ministat 300 which has seen 8 years in service without any problems. The dial on the Microclimate is not accurate, it's set at 90 to acheive 85 per the temerature guage on the analogue thermometer in the vivarium.

If you are using a lamp in the vivarium during the evening it should be guarded and connected via a DIMMING THERMOSTATIC CONTROL with the heat sensor fixed in the vivarium slghtly above ground level so that it is reading the air temperature. It worth setting the lamp to around 78, as it's only on to view the sanke, and this will ensure the bulb and guard are running cool if the snake deceides to climb up and wrap itself around, which it will.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000