New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

180 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  21:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GIRL

Popped to the rep shop this afternoon with her to get them to check her out. The chap popped her for me and nothing really came out (apart from a little bit of yellowy liquid). He reckons 99.9% sure she's a girl. I dont suppose they can give you a definite answer if its a girl just incase it turns out not to be. Think it would be fairly obvious if she was a boy.

so my plans now are to wait 2 years and then try breeding her. In that time do lots of research, and also aquire a new little boy that will do the deed so to speak

Really excited now at what morph boy to get, havent got a clue as to what morph hatchlings would come out depending on what morph dad i was to choose....can anybody offer any advice on morphs with an amel lady.

They had a lovely lttle charcoaly grey/black anery there today. I think it was an anery anyhow. Would one morph dominate the other etc etc...

Apologies for all the questions, but thanks in advance for the replies...

09 Amel Corn
West Mids
STU

Wishlist - Snow, Anery Lavender, Stripe of some sort, Diffused Caramel, Whiteout, Tessera.

Plus a Royal Python.

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  21:58:31  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't forget you never know if they're het for anything, so even if you were fully prepared you could still be in for some lovely surprises =]

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

180 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  21:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hat does it mean...het??? always wondered this??

09 Amel Corn
West Mids
STU

Wishlist - Snow, Anery Lavender, Stripe of some sort, Diffused Caramel, Whiteout, Tessera.

Plus a Royal Python.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  22:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how old is she? i would have thought that probing would have been a more accurate way of sexing her,
if shes het anery then an anery het amel would possibly give you snows and normals with some hets,
normal is the dominant morph but with various hets and a bit of luck you could possibly get snows and maybe anerys and amels but im sure eeji will point you in the right direction or mikerichards

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  22:44:57  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Het effectively just means that the snake carries the trait for another morph, and mixed with the right morph during breeding will produce another morph (if that makes sense?) Basically, let's think of it this way if 1 + 1 = 1, (so amel + amel) it means there were no hets and you'll end up with an amel. If you have a 1 + 2 (amel + anery) and the result gives you a 3 (meaning it will appear as an amel but may produce off spring in the future that could turn out to be anery), one (or both) are het for another morph. Although if both parents are het for the same thing you can turn out with some interesting batches.

Did that make any sense? o.O

Also, I probably got it completely wrong, but I know what I mean lol XD

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.

Edited by - Scarlett on 15/08/2010 22:45:55
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  22:55:33  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was going to get my amel sexed this week but the inconsiderate thing has gone blue unexpectedly. I was told he was male but I would like to know for sure as I am considering breeding him next year to see if I can discover any hidden hets. I was contemplating a snow or anery as a mate. Thought I would try to find out his sex for definite so then I have got a few months to find his perfect girlfriend (boyfriend)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000