Snake on hold
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  11:04:33  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well i have done a few weeks research as i have never had a snake before. im pretty confident about caring for a hatchling.
i had decided on what RUB and equipment to buy, and was planning on making my own viv ready for when he/she was big enough. i was nearly sure i wanted an anery morph too!
also thanks to the members on this forum i was also set for where to buy everything.

i found out yesterday that my wife is expecting our second baby! yay! im really really happy as we have been trying for a while.
unfortunately this does mean that im going to have to wait a while before getting my snake :( but i think my hands will be full with a newborn and my current child (son, dominic) who will be entering the terrible two's as baby2 is born.

so hopefully in a year or so's time i will still have the time and space in the house for my snake! will still be on the forums, its a great community here. guess its chance to do a whole lot of research and preparation!

Cornsnakes 1.0.0 Cassius, Carolina, CB-22/07/10
Dogs 1.0.0 - Gorman, Black Labrador

Location Lincoln UK
My Photography http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  11:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrates mate :)

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  11:29:23  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  11:32:10  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!!
We will expect to be kept up to date with how things are going with the pregnancy....some of us on here are old mother hens and revel in babies!
Our son was 2 when our daughter was born. Has it's ups and downs but I wouldn't change things if I could go back and start again.
Like you say, plenty of time for more research and picking up hints and tips.
Good luck

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  15:10:19  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks all will definately keep you all updated with the progress.

Location Lincoln UK

Edited by - clintham on 11/08/2010 15:12:04
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  15:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats mate, look at it this way, it gives you plenty of time to learn about EVERYTHING!! Lol

Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  16:13:29  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Congrats mate, look at it this way, it gives you plenty of time to learn about EVERYTHING!! Lol

true, im over the moon to be having my second child - but i am a bit sad i have to wait for my corn snake should have got on with it a bit faster

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  16:27:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats on both baby and baby snake on the way!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  16:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh happy days!

Good luck and congratulations at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  18:05:32  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congratulations. You will be a pro on corns by the time you manage to get your own.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  18:45:20  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the little one. I guess waiting the extra time to get your corn, will make that bit better when you finally do

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  21:29:07  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you can be a corn snake expert without actually owning one, that'l be me!!

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  22:20:19  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clintham

Well it can only be a good thing, will make you all the more confident when you do get one. I think too many people rush into it and don't do their research. Hense why their are so many people that follow their pet shops advise of not needing a stat or what ever else.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  05:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your news, especially as you had been trying for a while....and you certainly are going to have your hands full with a terrible 2 and a new baby !!

It is fantastic the way you have done your research before getting your corn and it is a shame that now you have to wait that bit longer....but it will be worth it in the end.

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by clintham

Well it can only be a good thing, will make you all the more confident when you do get one. I think too many people rush into it and don't do their research. Hence why there are so many people that follow their pet shops advise of not needing a stat or what ever else.

Am totally with you there DannyBrown....and am so glad that you will be sticking with the forum through your period of waiting Lewis, although it is going to be so frustrating for you seeing all those beautiful pics of other peoples snakes....!! But at least you know that at the end of the waiting there will be a corn snake just for you and it will be going to an owner who truly wants it and is truly prepared for it !

Please say congratulations to your wife from us as well, I can just imagine that she is on cloud 9 at the moment (or leaning over the toilet with morning sickness !!).

xxx

Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  10:03:42  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
on our first child she didnt get any morning sickness. she carried on like all was normal, other than the big bump! this one is giving her a bit more of a hard time, no actual sickness yet but feeling pretty grotty. shes really hot too - not nice to sleep next to!
doesnt help that its hayfever season which she suffers from quite badly. apparantly theres nothing you can take for hayfever whilst pregnant. she has one of those electronic things that you put up your nose but its not so good.

scan this wednesday, will let you know the results!!

it is frustrating seeing everyones snakes, espcially new hacthies. not much i can do about it but i know it will be worth the wait. it really astounds me how many people buy snakes that dont have a viv/faunarium up and running or dont use a heatmat/stat etc. i know its not their fault in some cases, they have been badly advised. getting a snake is a big deal, its a living thing that you are responsible for. didnt take me long to find this site and the info that many people seem to be missing.
will stop my mini rant lol

for those that are bothered, i am a budding amateur photographer here are a few links for you.
1 - my son taken a few months ago. http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2qdulx
2 - the snake that got me into snakes. he's a corn at a local bird/reptile park. my wife is holding him here. they do have other reptiles but im usually too busy holding them to take any pics http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2qdtul

feel free to browse my other pics if the mood takes you! really looking forward to photographing my own corn someday!

Location Lincoln UK

Edited by - clintham on 16/08/2010 15:29:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000