Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  07:42:43  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The vivs are lovely, what colour are they?

Btw the only viv locks that work with Vivexotic vivs are the 2 different length Pro-Rep ones (100mm and 130mm).

I checked with the company who make the vivs and they told me that, so I bought a Pro-Rep lock and it works fine.

Have a look on here for one or you could try Ebay too, I don't think there is much difference in price - http://www.reptilekeeping.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Prorep+vivarium+lock&categories_id=&x=37&y=11

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

BHAFC72
Egg

61 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  16:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Ryan for that.That's usefull to know.
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  22:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want..!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

ajacklin
Egg

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  19:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's various sizes, here's a page to give you a clue:
http://www.vivexotic.co.uk/products.html
They're not very tall but Jaffa has never been a climber so it suits him fine.
There's actually 4 vents in the 4', well there is in the ones I've got anyway.
Stockists should be able to order the feet for you, I was quoted £5.99 but decided to just buy some from B&Q instead, they do longer legs there also.
It's not that difficult to clean, lol, not actually that much in there!
I'll deffo take a pic with the blue light on, I was going to install it again just now & add some more plants in Jaffa's viv but he's very Blue so I've left him be for now!

quote:
Originally posted by BHAFC72

Great vivs.I like them alot and the prices for these are excellent.I take it it's a 4ft? what are the other measurements of it? Do they come with feet or is that extra fee and can you get longer legs as i want the viv raised higher from the ground?
It must be quite difficult to spot check for poo etc with the amount of objects you have in there? I bet a full clean would take some time aswell.
These vivs are about £65 which i think is brilliant.I did notice though that you only have two vents for a 4ft?
My long term aim is to buy three of these and stack them up.Any chance of a pic with the blue led lights on:-)

2 Corn Snake - Jaffa & ??
1 Rottweiller - JD
1 Collie X - Annie
2 Cats - Galaxy & Karamel
3 Chickens - Drummer, Noodle & Nugget
8 Gold Fish & 1 Koi - Jingle
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  12:03:12  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those vivs look pretty good. I'll keep them in mind for my next purchase!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

BHAFC72
Egg

61 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  14:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ajacklin

Stockists should be able to order the feet for you, I was quoted £5.99 but decided to just buy some from B&Q instead, they do longer legs there also.
I'll deffo take a pic with the blue light on, I was going to install it again just now & add some more plants in Jaffa's viv but he's very Blue so I've left him be for now!

quote:

Great vivs.I like them alot and the prices for these are excellent.I take it it's a 4ft? what are the other measurements of it? Do they come with feet or is that extra fee and can you get longer legs as i want the viv raised higher from the ground?
It must be quite difficult to spot check for poo etc with the amount of objects you have in there? I bet a full clean would take some time aswell.
These vivs are about £65 which i think is brilliant.I did notice though that you only have two vents for a 4ft?
My long term aim is to buy three of these and stack them up.Any chance of a pic with the blue led lights on:-)

The feet that you can buy for these are not long enough for what i want.I also read that 3ft or longer vivs require a pair in the center aswell especailly if double or triple stacking.Obviously that's just a recommemdation..Any chance you can post a link of the B&Q feet?
I'll post a link so you can get an idea and make your own judgement on it.

http://www.petzoo.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=768
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  11:59:36  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I just wanted to let you know that Wilkinsonplus sell the Vivexotic vivs and cabinets. They are a fairly reasonable price.

Heres the link to the vivs and cabinets:-

http:// www.wilkinsonplus.com/browse/reptile?ex=co_wizr-locayta&template=wz_locayta&pageno=1&perpage=10&collate=pdxttype%3Apdxtcolourn%3Apdxtbrandn%3Apdxtsizen%3Apdxtmaterialn%3Apdxtpackqtyn%3Apdxtheightn%3Apdxtpowern&setsortorder=name&setsortname=ascending&fieldinvt=type&termtextinvt=invt&typeinvt=exact&fieldpcatid=pcatid&typepcatid=exact

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

BHAFC72
Egg

61 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  13:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been hunting prices myself and ebay is slightly cheaper from what i can find.Works out cheaper as it's free postage and you can use a cashback site aswell.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vivexotic-VX48-Reptile-Vivarium-48-Large-Walnut-/150438897145?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item2306db65f9

Edited by - BHAFC72 on 10/09/2010 13:15:42
Go to Top of Page

ajacklin
Egg

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  13:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

The feet that you can buy for these are not long enough for what i want.I also read that 3ft or longer vivs require a pair in the center aswell especailly if double or triple stacking.Obviously that's just a recommemdation..Any chance you can post a link of the B&Q feet?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9282009&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=40&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB&fh_search=legs&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1284122014160&isSearch=true

That's the link for the ones I'm using, if you search "legs" on diy.com there's various to choose from, I've gone for six now the top viv is occupied so there's some supporting the middle bit too.

1 Rottweiller - JD
1 Collie X - Annie
Go to Top of Page

ajacklin
Egg

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  13:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryanred5

The vivs are lovely, what colour are they?

Btw the only viv locks that work with Vivexotic vivs are the 2 different length Pro-Rep ones (100mm and 130mm).

I checked with the company who make the vivs and they told me that, so I bought a Pro-Rep lock and it works fine.

Have a look on here for one or you could try Ebay too, I don't think there is much difference in price - http://www.reptilekeeping.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Prorep+vivarium+lock&categories_id=&x=37&y=11

Hope that helps.

They're Tobacco Walnut colour.
I was going to go for the Beech but they weren't in stock immediately & I was being impatient

Btw I ordered mine from seapets.co.uk which were cheapest at the time!

1 Rottweiller - JD
1 Collie X - Annie
Go to Top of Page

BHAFC72
Egg

61 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  15:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9282009&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=40&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB&fh_search=legs&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1284122014160&isSearch=true

That's the link for the ones I'm using, if you search "legs" on diy.com there's various to choose from, I've gone for six now the top viv is occupied so there's some supporting the middle bit too.

Spot on mate.I've seen the ones i nead.They had to be over 6 inches tall due to a silly radiator pipe i have in the front room.
Go to Top of Page

ajacklin
Egg

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  19:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry it's taken so long, here's a few pic of the Blue light, not the best but give you the idea! Wasn't sure what settings to use for the camera! The brightness of the LED's can be changed too by adjusting the voltage on the AC Adaptor.

1 Rottweiller - JD
1 Collie X - Annie
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  19:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, you have vivs as me! Same colour too :o and you have wedges! What vivexotics are they?I got the 4 stack so mine came with feet. Also, did that viv randomly come with black vents?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ajacklin
Egg

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  19:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Wow, you have vivs as me! Same colour too :o and you have wedges! What vivexotics are they?I got the 4 stack so mine came with feet. Also, did that viv randomly come with black vents?

LX48...I think! I bought the feet from B&Q though, the place I got them from offered some but the chap went on holiday when I wanted them and I was too impatient to wait for his return!
Yes, oddly one came with white vents and one with brown but they're not really noticeable with all the foliage lol!

1 Rottweiller - JD
1 Collie X - Annie
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  20:15:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Exact same as mine :3

That's really weird about the vents, Mine were all white I wish they were brown though or sliver to match the runners and my door handles :D

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:56:21  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder whether you could spray the vents silver, then they would match the runners etc, thats something to maybe have a think about.

The new Vivexotic vivs have silver vents so they obviously thought about things matching. They aren't circular anymore either, they are rectangular.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  22:23:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've seen sliver vents on e-bay I just have no idea what size ones are in my viv atm. Yeah I saw them. I bought my stack hoping I'd get the sliver vents but no :(

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000