What result will we get?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  15:02:35  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My sister in law and I are wondering that if we were to breed our corns in 3 years time, what would our hatchlings morphs be. She has a snow and I have a hypo bloodred. Any ideas?

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  18:57:11  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you'd get all normal het amel anery hypo diffused.

These would make great project hatchlings. save a male and a few females, grow them up, then breed them together when old enough and theres a small chance of a coral avalanche jackpot, along with lots of other possibilities:
normal
amel
anery
hypo
diffused
hypo amel
ghost
hypo diffused
snow
fire
granite
ghost bloodred
coral snow
avalanche
hypo fire

:)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory

Edited by - eeji on 09/08/2010 19:08:25
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  00:58:28  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh god :P I was expecting like maybe some hypos and things but wow :D can you breed hatchlings from the same parents?

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  09:34:20  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can inbreed a little. Different people say different levels. I wouldn't go past 3 generations, but that's on advice I was given.

If you go too far you get kinks (spine deformities) and other problems.

if you click on the link at the bottom of eeji's post (to Ians vivarium) there is a calculator on there that can give you percentage outcomes for what you'll likely get out of a breeding couple. You put in what you have, and it does the work for you!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  09:39:34  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I clicked on the calc before but it confused me so I asked on here :P let everyone else do all the work lol

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000