pinky looks weird...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  19:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, no photo, but i got a pinkie out of the freezer, it had white round patches on the skin, which i am used to, i assume it is frost bite or something, but some of these white spot/patches look more like a hole, like lots of little tiny holes, i am wondering if these are caused by bacteria slowly breaking the mouse down, i know freezing only slows the rotting process down, but are these holes in the mouse okay to give to the snake?

i have thrown the pinky in the dustbin just to be sure, but i wondered what these holes were, they look like a pin pricks, but a little bigger.

how long should you keep pinkys in the freezer? i bought them last month, shame they don't come with 'use by dates' lol.

thanks for reading

love dee and haribo

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 06/08/2010 20:05:26

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  19:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dunno why i got lots of **** where i typed pin holes?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  20:06:23  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sure you didn't type what I've edited to??
Anyway the little round white type marks is freezer burn. Nothing to worry about and still just as tasty.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  20:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks kehhlyr

so the white marks are freezer burn and they are safe. thanks lots. i must admit, i have never seen the mice with little tiny pin marks before. if i find any again, i'll just throw them out.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  07:13:24  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the problem with frozen food is that it could have been in the shop's freezer for months before you bought it........
as for the pin pricks, pinkies' skin is so delicate it doesn't take much to damage it, even the freezing process could have done it

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 07/08/2010 07:14:49
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000