Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:15:31  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
another new member :)
i have been researching buying, setting up, and caring for my first snake (not yet purchased). i did find some useful information on other sites, once i had decided that i would like a cornsnake. but the wealth of information on this site is amazing! what a great resource.

after a lot of reading im much more confident about caring for a snake. i think i will continue to research for another week or two before i setup my viv and get it settled & running at the correct temperatures - then start looking for my snake!
watch this space :D

Cornsnakes 1.0.0 Cassius, Carolina, CB-22/07/10
Dogs 1.0.0 - Gorman, Black Labrador

Location Lincoln UK
My Photography http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:27:31  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum and weldone for not rushing into buying one

Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:37:21  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi n welcome any idea wot morph ur gettin?

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:44:19  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
morph is nex ton my list of things to research. from the pictures i have seen there are so many beautiful varieties, its going to be a tough choice.
i also need to research what resources i can get close to home (lincolnshire) in terms of supplies and the snake itself.
im excited but taking things steady until im 100% sure

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:55:48  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  13:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello & Welcome!! Welldone on the starting progress of a addiction lol

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

http://www.TCS-Chat.tk
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  13:37:00  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Glad you like it here. Really good that you're going about things the right way.....loads of research and getting things set up before getting a snake. Your snake will be one of the lucky ones! Keep us up to date.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  14:14:26  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome to the forum :)

if it helps i have some hatchies (carolina's het hypo + anery) 4 sale, i also live in lincolnshire ;) some ready now :) :p

good luck with your search and congrats 4 not rushing into things and ya research 1st :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  15:02:07  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats great to know, i would much rather purchase from someone experienced. where abouts in lincolnshire are you? i wont be rushing into anything but its nice to know theres someone close by :) will keep in touch

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  12:05:35  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i live in little 'sunny' Sleaford :D (just looked out the window n its issing it down lol, maybe not quite so sunny)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  14:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there.
Go to Top of Page

Chez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  20:30:04  Show Profile  Click to see Chez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

0.1.0 - corn snake - Tiny
Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  12:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there, welcome to the forum.

Marg
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  12:30:26  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome here :) Where abouts from Lincolnshire are you from? I can give pointers and good shops if you ever go into Lincoln :)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  12:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  11:47:33  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im from cherry willingham, just outside lincoln. i drive through town centre every day so good shops etc much appreciated :)

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  13:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  17:30:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clintham

im from cherry willingham, just outside lincoln. i drive through town centre every day so good shops etc much appreciated :)

Ohh that's good :) There is JC exotics somewhere on Monks road, I have no idea if they are good or not I have been told that they are. All pictures I have seen of the shops the animals look very clean. I have never been there though as it's a bit out of the way for me on foot :P They can sex your snake though and give them free health checks ups though.

Pet's corner or as it used to be known, perky pets is a good place if your wantingting to use "aspen" as bedding. It's called aubiose, it's labelled as horse bedding and even has a picture of a horse but it's cheap in the bulk and is the same as snake aspen :) They also do some nice climby java wood there but the mice and everything else snake related is expensive.

Pet's Cabin on Newark road, they are exspanding their reptile range which is reallly good. Some of the animals are in the midrange-high shop prices although they do seem to have like mini sales it seems on some animals, I think it's £25 for some corns at the moment :) and as a word of warning, they aren't 100% good at regonzinging corn morphs at the moment, although they are really trying. Some of the stuff there is cheap, some of it is a bit of a rip off. The viv's that they sell there are expensive. It is a nice friendly shop though and the corns although are kept together, it is always clean.

Sorry for the rant on shop comparions

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  09:41:43  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats really useful, i really didnt know i had so much so close. i really dont want to buy my corn from a shop, i would much prefer a private breeder or owner, so it was more for things like bedding/food etc. thanks!

Location Lincoln UK
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  10:37:02  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol i did wonder where all the rep shops are in lincoln :D

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000