Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  09:50:25  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank u, the advice on here has been unvaluable! if i knew where he lives id do it myself ;) haha

Just a update, was out all day yesterday and came home to find a nice clean shed, all in one bit :D my other half strike fed her last night to and took it no problems :D

We still have not attempted to get her out again, we wanted to let her settle in abit as per the advice and we are going to wait til wednesday now to let her feed settle then try again :)

Thank u again everyone :)

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  10:19:26  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
got him out last night and he was a star! he was very very scared when we first got him out but as soon as he was in our hands he was fine, didnt try to bite once and was acting like a normal nosy corn :) very pleased with him :)

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  13:18:28  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So glad your handling session went well. It sounds like he is going to be a fantastic aquisition.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  05:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been away from the forum for a while so have only just caught up with this topic. Can only repeat what others have said in saying how blessed that snake is that it was rescued by your friend who then handed to on to you....and you are definitely showing how much you care by simply finding us and not only asking all the right questions but following the advice given !! As for the man who had Syd, I hope one day he gets what he deserves !!

Considering the state Syd was in and how it first reacted to you (which isnt surprising), it is wonderful to hear that it is eating, has had a full clean shed (which I bet shocked you !) and is even settling down well to being handled. It sounds as though you have a gem of a snake there, although with regards to its handling it is most probably down to you being confident and calm so it didnt feel threatened and soon began behaving like a normal corn .

With regard to its feeding, I would back the advise that has been given....you need to keep Syd on the size of food it is used to for a while until it is feeding well, and then you can decide whether it is necessary to multiple feed or move up a size....but for now just leave things as they are.

KdLang is right in what she says about Syd hiding away, I wouldnt see my adult corns at all if I didnt get them out to handle them , although the younger one is sometimes out at night when I am up. All corns differ with their behaviour but it is natural for Syd to be hiding away, especially at the moment, and it will be sneaking out and exploring its new home at night while you are fast asleep!

I am so glad you have got the digital thermometers and are getting the stat, the sooner the better....it really is a vital piece of equipment.

Once again, well done for saving Syd....although I think you have done pretty well out of it cos you have gained an absolutely gorgeous corn !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  09:54:01  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he is absolutly gorgeous! :D and we are so happy we have him, hes settled right in now and its like hes been with us forever, got him out again yesterday and he just climbed straight out and wanted to be handled! :) he even let a few of our friends hold him! lol hes always being nosy now! whenever we are in the room he pops his head out to say hi and comes up to the plastic to see us lol definently more active than he was!:D

I have got the corn bug now hehe came home yday from kempton with a baby female snow corn hehe :D

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  10:57:38  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And so the addiction starts lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  13:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

And so the addiction starts lol

Yup, you're hooked now! Belated congrats for rescuing him by the way - it's a heartwarming story and he's obviously really enjoying his new home.
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  14:03:54  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep agreed. If you can get an animal out of a cack situation then do it i say

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  14:28:29  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes the addiction has started!

bring on donny, looking for a anery next hehe! ;)

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  17:38:42  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Might see you there then :)

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000