Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Does anyones Snake actualy enjoy having a bath ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  17:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just gave Cherry a bath, to get rid of the last of her shed, she spends most of her time trying desperately to get out (except the first 5min where she sits still, shock i think).

All the other snakes i have bathed seem to hate it too. Does anyone own a snake that actually enjoys being in the water ?

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  18:00:58  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all the snakes I've had to bathe hated it too :(

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  18:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get bitten everytime I try to bath. When I bath, only if snakes have problem shedding, I'll use a pillowcase. I think it's more effective at removing the shed, and I wouldn't want to be attacked by an angry corn, those little monsters hit the bone when they bite!! Not something you'd want to experience.

Be careful bathing, too frequent baths could cause scale rot and R.I's, and a stressed snake.
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  18:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine must be deranged, none of mine have any objections

Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  19:08:24  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

I get bitten everytime I try to bath. When I bath, only if snakes have problem shedding, I'll use a pillowcase. I think it's more effective at removing the shed, and I wouldn't want to be attacked by an angry corn, those little monsters hit the bone when they bite!! Not something you'd want to experience.

Be careful bathing, too frequent baths could cause scale rot and R.I's, and a stressed snake.

mine hasn't bitten from a bath yet :P thankfully. she is still little so when she has she hasn't hit bone
she onlt gets a bath when her eye is looking a bit gammy or has shed left on her tail. I'd prefer to wipe her eye but since her operation she became very head shy, that thats to be expected i guess.

gmac - your lucky. mine makes a bid for freedom every time haha

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley

Edited by - Thante on 30/07/2010 19:09:39
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  19:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bella gets bathed once a week, two days after feeding to help her poo and although she doesn't get aggressive and slides off the hand into the water, she then travels around the bath looking to get out. However, I have put my hand in before which she has climbed onto, then back off into the water again before swimming around and getting back onto my hand lol

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  20:17:45  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haven't bathed my babies yet, Wen I lower Venom is, he tries to shoot out. Char on the other hands doesn't seem to care which is very strange. She kind of curls up in the corner and enjoys her soak lol but I only bathe her for her to poo since sometimes she seems to have a bit of a problem so I guess the warm water would feel nicer than busting for a poo.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  21:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOl Staple I can see the satisfaction on Bella's face sometimes: A swim... pause....... poo and aaaahhhhh... swim swim swim to hand and out lol

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  08:54:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Exactly Fal :p I imagine even if they didn't like water that much, they prefer it more than being constipated!

I'm sure she enjoys the towel drying treatment as well.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  10:40:26  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sprockett will put up with it, but Gobo seems to like it, and has got stroppy when I've tried to take him out.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  12:54:35  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
most of my lot hate it, goldie kept trying to bite me snoopy/twilight used to just dash 4 freedom and when i had minstrel she used to love it bless her but then she was stick thing so probs didnt really have the energy to move bless her.

havnt really needed to bath the adults so not sure what there like.

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  21:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only had to bath Cleo as she was a bad shedder and she hated it.

Luckily Sizzle hasn't need one yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Indie and Snape don't either.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000