SOOO funny!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  20:11:54  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Snake_curled_up_in_washing_machine

This is so funny, but I dont understand why she says the snake is big, crazy woman! :P I dont understand how you can be scared of a little snake. Lol.
Tiffany-x

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  20:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some plebs out there.. "the huge corn snake"... I just think the people whov'e commented on it are total muppets too..

Edited by - hillzi on 27/07/2010 20:26:54
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  20:30:17  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

I just think the people whov'e commented on it are total muppets too..

Indeed, they're normly worse than the ones writing the article.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  21:21:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lmao huge corn XD maybe it it was 6ft+ XD poor guy I wonder how he survived a wash

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  21:37:54  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA

a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE cornsnake!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Loon in the news story

The boys and I waited outside the house for a while because we were so scared. Then they went to bed and I just sat on my bed all night absolutely petrified.

then in the comments............

quote:
Originally posted by 'sB of Dorchester'

Just read local paper. Her "kids" are 18 and 21..........

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  22:23:26  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
gud job it was'nt a reticulated python lol!!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  23:09:44  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Amazin that the snake survived the wash cycle. As much as I really hate the comments people put on the news articles, Some of them really do have pathetic lives, but some do make a very good point. There are many people scared of snakes and to them it doesn't matter what type of snake it is or what size, it is terrifying. To us it is just a corn snake as we love them and understand them, for someone with a phobia it may as well be a rattlesnake for all they care. It is just as scary. Thats why I love having friends round to see my snakes and why I think children should be introduced to snakes at a young age. Education will go a long way to avoid these sensationalist stories.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  00:59:36  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hahaha ok sooooo big, sooooo huge so scary eeeee what do i do???

on a serious note i suppose if u are scared of them then yeah i suppose a 5ft snake would be kinda scary just like most of us would scream at a spider (or whatever your scared of) but still its not guna eat ya whether ya stay outside or stay on ya bed scared outya wits geez lol :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  01:44:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Interesting article and phrased in a way that doesn't help people to not panic.

One of Kazs cornsnakes took a spin in washing machine about 18 months ago or so, apparently he was lovely and sparkly afterwards.

On the note of people being scared of them you'd be surprised at how much fear can exaggerate the sizes. When Trio escaped and was found in the upstairs flat, the workman that found him disappeared because of the "massive 6ft plus cat eating monster". Trio was about 3.5ft long then and can easily get himself doubled up in a loo roll tube. He's that much of a massive monster.

Saying that though, I'm not defending the idiots that write the article, only the people that were scared.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  10:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just think the commenter who talks about african snakes is a total dinlo, corns aren't even from Africa!

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  10:00:53  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
To be fair, there are some nasty biters in Africa, but I agree, Corn's aren't from Africa, so why talk about it?!!

Poor thing! It's a gorgeous snake! I'd happily take it off her hands!

Now If I opened my washing machine and found an Anaconda....I *May* be slightly nervous....

If that was me, I'd have gone online and had a look to see what kind it was and if it was dangerous.

I'm still trying to find one that I saw in the forest of Dean. (It was black with red diamonds, and if I recall had a small hood. It had front fangs as it tried to bite me with them, but it was between 3-6 foot, I couldn't tell as it's main body was partially hidden by the undergrowth.)

I was 12 and although it scared the living sheehat out of me, it was more because I was running along, and nearly stepped on it. Suddenly having a brightly coloured, hissing, fanged snake rearing up when not expecting it is unnerving!

If anyone can enlighten me that would be good!

(I'm guessing it was a released/escapee, as I've never heard of the FOD having non native snakes....only bears!

(Don't mention the bear!!)

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly