Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  13:36:38  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
With kongs you can get the stick things? They are good cause one it has been eaten its really difficult to get out (even me and my mum cant do it! :P ) but try those cause he will struggle but enjoy it.
Hope this helps! :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Jo-And-Danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2010 :  11:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We got both a normal puppy Kong and the Kong 'stick' like thing for teething. We got 3 hours sleep last night as Max was howling ALL night

We thought the fact he had food to occupy his mind would work, it did for the first 10 minutes but as well settled into bed the crying/wailing/screaming/barking/howling begun, it was like he was possesed!!!!!

I've been in touch with a dog expert with 20 years of dog training, he said it sounds like we've done everything right and that he would call me and maybe arrange for him to come down. I'm just worried about the cost some of these trainers charge but we need his problems sorted now before he becomes 10 stones worth of problem!!!

~The Zoo~
Freddie // Ghost corn
Brittany // Collie cross dog
Billie // BSH Cat
Millie // BSH Cat
Some Tropical Fishiesss

Wish List......
Another doggy
Royal Python (norm or pastel)
More Fishiesss!!
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2010 :  12:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best thing to do when they howl is to ignore them. Soon learn, they say the first few nights is the worse for the howling, more you fuss him if he howls, the more he'll know he can howl to get what he wants.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2010 :  20:19:08  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would have a word with your neighbours. Just let them know you have got a new puppy, explain that you are really sorry but he will probably cry for a few nights while he gets used to being on his own. They are usually better if you let them know and a cute puppy usually gets forgiven everything lol. I spoke to my neighbours the day after I got Jack as I didn't see them that night. I apologised if he disturbed them and explained he would probably cry for a few nights and they said it was fine as they hadn't even heard him lol. Thankfully he settles really well just on his bed in my room with the door closed. The only time I have a problem is when the cat decides to wind him up.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Jo-And-Danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2010 :  20:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
our neighbour adores him! luckily we're on an end terrace house so only have the one neighbour and he is fine about him, a real animal lover and is usually watching movies on his pc with the headphones on anyway.

we don't fuss him when he howls we leave him to it we don't go downstairs to see to him or anything. I'm booking him a 2 hour session with a dog trainer who has worked with loads of rottweilers and owns 2 himself, just for piece of mind! He did say the first few weeks will be the hardest as we can't walk him to exercise him and get him used to things

~The Zoo~
Freddie // Ghost corn
Brittany // Collie cross dog
Billie // BSH Cat
Millie // BSH Cat
Some Tropical Fishiesss

Wish List......
Another doggy
Royal Python (norm or pastel)
More Fishiesss!!
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  10:17:47  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He is really cute!

A Mate of mine has a small bear...Ahem, I mean Rotty, and I'm all up for a rough n tumble, but the dog weighs 12 stone, and I generally come away looking like I've been in a fighting ring!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly