New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  19:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evenin' all!

I was just going through my records and found that it's been over 8 weeks since Sid, my '09 Snow Corn shed. I thought he was going into shed a couple weeks ago cos he went quiet, but later that night he was out and about as normal.

Is this normal? I know each snake is different, and I'm not concerned.....more curious than anything else!

1.0.0 Snow Corn

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  20:18:46  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have found the same thing meself and have spent quite some time trying to see if there was any corellation between how many feeds they have had and if that triggered a shed (ie growth spurt) but it seems by my records they just shed when they feel like it although my two usually shed every six weeks but both have thrown a curve ball at me and shed early/late. Perhaps someone like Mike can "shed" some light LOL

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  20:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea I should have said that I suspect feeding might be a factor. He had been on a fluff every 6-7 days, but recently they weren't leaving much of a bump. On Friday there he had 2 fluffs, but he's been on the go all day.

In fact they all have apart from my Milk Snake. Even my Royal's been busy. She seems to love wrecking her viv. I was semi ****ed last night and when I got in she was wrapped round a branch and one of her hides was upside down. I had the pleasure of listening to all sorts of crashes and bangs as I fell into a drunken slumber. First thing this morning I put her viv back in order, and by the time I got out of the shower stuff had magically moved again lol :)

1.0.0 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  20:29:37  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How big is sid now?

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  20:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say around the 2 foot mark. I've no idea of weight though....I really must weigh them all soon.

1.0.0 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  22:09:06  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
have never weighed mine. Havent even got any scales lol

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000