Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glynjones
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  10:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

When i handled Marge last night, the first for two days as i fed her on sunday, her skin was really dull and pale. This normally means she will be in blue tonight or tomorrow and shed shortly after.
According to my records she last shed 5 weeks ago and this will be the 3rd since april!!
I assume she is having a growth spurt, as she appears healthy and has always been a good eater.
If she carrys on like this, she will need to move from a faun to a viv sooner than planned.

Glyn

1.1.0 Marge (Amel)
Nelson (Lavender)

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  10:55:52  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
youre right glyn, younger corns will have periods of growth spurts and they may shed twice a month :) you may need ro get saving by the sounds of it :):):)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  04:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will find this often happens Glyn. Corn hatchlings are normally kept on a maintenance diet when they are in a pet shop or at a breeders, so being given enough food to survive but not enough to thrive and grow. Now she is with you she is being fed properly and growing beautifully....hence the growth spurt! All good news .

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000