Cost
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  19:21:21  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How much should I expect to pay for a corn snake? Ive seen somewhere it said 100 quid and others just 20, if you dont think Im being too rude could you tell me how much you paid?
Tiffany-x

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  19:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
depends on the colour you get, pet shops will be more expensive than breeders
i payed 60 quid for my ghost from a pet shop
here is a good breeder, this will give u a rough guide as to price of different morphs
http://www.hissnhers.co.uk/3.html
do u now what morph u want??

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  19:40:24  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think you should be able to get normals for £20-30

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  19:40:51  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im really not so sure, Ive looked on a couple of sites and the ones I like seem to be the most expensive ones. Different sites seem to be giving very different prices for the same morph, while I would like to pay as little as possible I certainly dont want to buy a poorly treated snake. I dont know whether Im being ripped off or if it is just because they have been far better treated and looked after.
Tiffany-x

Edited by - Tiffany-x on 19/07/2010 19:41:45
Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  20:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i have just got my snow stripe corn, he was up £80, but i got him for £50 in the end. He is about 18 months old.

Marg
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  20:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They'll have different prices depending on where you shop - like everything else in the world
Some morphs cost more than others as you'll probably know, and adults cost more than babies.

I paid £40 for Goonie and Dinger together
£35 for Felix
and £30 for the amel stripe i got for my friend
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  20:31:58  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok one quick question in that case, are babies any more difficult to care for or will I need to buy more than one vivarium or anything? Simply what I am trying to ask is is there any particular reason for the price difference?
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  20:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

Ok one quick question in that case, are babies any more difficult to care for or will I need to buy more than one vivarium or anything? Simply what I am trying to ask is is there any particular reason for the price difference?
Tiffany-x

I'm pretty sure it has to do with adults being close to (if not already at) breeding age.
or because the sellers have put more money in to feeding them?

A baby would get lost in an adult tank really so you'd probably need something smaller to start out with; a little faurnarium or RUB or something
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  20:56:34  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok so maybe for me although more expensive an adult would be better just so that I could buy a vivarium for keeps, thank you for the help. :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  21:50:32  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The prices also depend on what time you buy them. Some times of the year they may be more expensive.

Also, in the next few years I would expect some of the more expensive morphs to drop in price. I paided like £60 for a yearling normal 8/9 years ago.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Paul82
Egg

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  01:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just cheecked out that site http://www.hissnhers.co.uk/3.html and its got some beutifull snakes but i dont understand all the stuff about (hets and hypos) + the pics are of hatchlings but what colors do thay turn as thay get older.

Plz help
Amel het blood 66% charcoal
Aner het caramel & hypo
Amber het butter & aner
Amel het hypo aner motley
Snow het hypo motley or Coral het hypo

1.0.0, Rusty (Carolina)
1.0.0, Casper (Snow)
1.0.0, Mitch (miami) he is new but 21 years old.

Princess lady legs (curly hair TARANTULA)

2 Dogs, Bruce (jack russel)
Bella (staffy)

Wish list, Bloodred motley stripe, Candy cane stripe, Childrens python.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  01:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul82

Plz help
Amel het blood 66% charcoal
Aner het caramel & hypo
Amber het butter & aner
Amel het hypo aner motley
Snow het hypo motley or Coral het hypo

if you have a look at Ians viv this will give you pics the adult corns you like.

the snakes morph is the firt part ie amel, the het is any other gene this snake has but not visual, therefore an amber het butter and anery will visually look like an amber. The only time these hets are usefull to know is if you are breeding corns.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  10:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I've payed £40 for an adult corn with a half full set up, and spent about £50 sorting that out, still need to pay £60, my Dad bounced her cheque.

And £80 for a six month amel with a complete juve snake set up, delivered to me, including thermostat, hides, bedding, plants, and mice.
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  14:19:10  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Well I've payed £40 for an adult corn with a half full set up, and spent about £50 sorting that out, still need to pay £60, my Dad bounced her cheque.

And £80 for a six month amel with a complete juve snake set up, delivered to me, including thermostat, hides, bedding, plants, and mice.

Hi sorry to be rude but do you mind me asking where from? That seems extremely cheap compared to what I have seen!! :D Wow
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  14:49:38  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Well I've payed �40 for an adult corn with a half full set up, and spent about �50 sorting that out, still need to pay �60, my Dad bounced her cheque.

And �80 for a six month amel with a complete juve snake set up, delivered to me, including thermostat, hides, bedding, plants, and mice.

Hi sorry to be rude but do you mind me asking where from? That seems extremely cheap compared to what I have seen!! :D Wow
Tiffany-x

Im guessing that was from a private seller, you won't get that sort of deal in a shop. Although it may be worth looking on sites such as pre-loved as they often have people who are selling their corns with full/partial set ups.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 20/07/2010 14:50:03
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  15:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Danny mate it was a private seller, as these snakes were unwanted snakes. TBF the amel's previous owner did a mint job on his set up.
Shame I had to revamp and steam clean Blitz' viv, but I was prepared to do that for the snakes sake.

But if I had the chance again, I'd p buy a hatchie corn or a young corn, so I can see him grow up, I've missed the chance with Blitz, where Blaze is growing like a weed. Maybe more costly, but definately worth it in the long run.

Hi Tiffany I'm in Farnham, Surrey, as my siggy says!

I just lurked on preloved and other forums classifieds till I found an offer that I thought was a bargain. My little amel's seller actually contacted me, so fair game.

Edited by - hillzi on 20/07/2010 15:09:12
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  20:54:17  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok thank you. Im so desperate to get one, I hope I find a nice cheap one soon. Im so excited now. I think Im gonna visit a couple of local pet shops on Friday so maybe I will have on in the next couple of weeks! :D
Thank you again for your advice.
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  22:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where you at Tiffany?

I could have a look around for some for you.
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  14:46:14  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im an inbetweener, lol, I cant say that I am in Nottingham Derby or Leicester because Im pretty much dead set between the 3. Thank you so much for your offer thats really nice of you, thanks. :) But yeah Im in Long Eaton.
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

103 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  20:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I paid £70 for my "normal" back last nov, and i think he was about 8 months old.
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  09:21:44  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I paid £35 for just my girl in 2007, she was about 4 months old and they thought she was a he, and a carolina. although I've found out since, that she's a hypo het snow, so I think I got a better bargain there!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: