Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  14:58:37  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm Tiffany.
I have been very much interested in all animals since being very small and as I grew up my interest became more in exotic animals, I think they are very beautiful and I am very passionate about proper care for all animals. Although I do not have a corn snake I am currently trying to convince either my mum or dad to allow me to have one. I adore their colours and from holding a young one about 5 years ago I have been in love with the temperement of the snake ever since. I want to cram myself with information about corn snakes in the slight chance that either of my parents may one day give in to me, so that I can be prepared for what it takes to correctly care for a corn snake and to be able to give my snake the best life possible.
I hope I can learn plenty from you all.
Tiffany-x

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  15:20:05  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome to the forum :D

n'awww hopefully ya parents will let ya have one they are great bu very addictive

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  16:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  17:20:40  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This was the firstplace I posted when it came to my Corn snake and I am still here, lol.

Welcome and I hope you get one soon.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  17:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey and welcome Tiffany, good to see someone my age who actually likes snakes, and not the "eww" type.

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  18:12:56  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love them!! Im so desperate to get one but I dont think my parents are so excited! Lol. I am getting there, with turning 16 and leaving school I can now get a job so she said maybe if I save then I might be able to get one. I am so excited!! :D
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  18:34:30  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tiff! welcome- good luck with the parents!!

Sul.

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  19:38:30  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  20:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi & welcome to the forum.

Marg
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  22:45:32  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Tiffany. Welcome to the site. You have already proven how responsible you are by researching as much as you can about keeping corns and I'm sure that when your parents realise how much you know they will give it a chance. Be warned tho, they are very addictive. I have gone from 1 to 4 in 6 months and would have more if I had room.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  05:02:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tiffany, it is really good that you have joined us! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am really impressed with the way you are doing as much research as you can before getting a corn....and it should show your parents how committed you are to this and how prepared you are. And I am definitely with Hillzi when he says how good it is to have someone your age who doesnt run away screaming at the sight of a snake or thinks they are just horrible !

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133. A great thread giving you a step by step guide on setting up for your first corn is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878 (personally I would print it out and leave it lying around for your parents to see so they know how hard you are working at learning as much as you can !).

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

KdLang has already warned you about this - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You are about to start down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  14:05:11  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I have noticed there is a lot of different information but from looking on the internet I have found an exotic animal pet shop in my area, from what I have so far read the people seem to be very knowledgable of all the animals they sell and sound as if they are very passionate about the correct care so Im hoping I can pop in there one day soon as they have a few corns in at the moment so Id like a look at them and just to get used to being around them a little more because as much as I adore them unless you have a snake its not every day you get to hold one so Im still just a tiny bit nervous but I know if I visit a couple of places I should be fine by time I get one for myself. And yeah your right I bombarded my dad with information last night and he seemed impressed, but I think it also kinda helps that I am very responsible for my age and my parents both trust me a lot because of it so Im hoping that may also work to my advantage! :D I certainly think Im getting there and now I know for sure the more I learn the more likely my dad is to say yes and the extra knowledge will also be good for me and my snake. I cant wait!! :P
BTW sorry for talking so much I always talk lots :/
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  15:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a good plan!
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  16:20:32  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya Tiffany, welcome to the forum. Its good to hear that you are doing your research and im sure your parents will give in at some point, most do

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  18:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tiffany and welcome

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  19:24:26  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
IM GETTING A CORN SNAKE!! This could possibly be the happiest day of my life!!!!! Lol. Im so excited. My dad said yes so now its just saving up and buying it all!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  19:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats, glad they agreed

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  21:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey welcome. need to get some pics up of the litte dude :)
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  08:52:35  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya, and that's great news! do you know what morph etc you want?

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2010 :  14:42:12  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im not really too fussy atm I'd be happy with any really but I do have my eyes on the most beautiful butter motley so hopefully I'll be having him!! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  04:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

IM GETTING A CORN SNAKE!! This could possibly be the happiest day of my life!!!!! Lol. Im so excited. My dad said yes so now its just saving up and buying it all!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!! :P
Tiffany-x

I wonder why I am not surprised by this !! You definitely seem to be the sort of person who sets out to get what she wants and works hard to do it....and it is lovely to see the way your dad respects and understands you enough to say YES!!

I am glad you are not set on any particular morph, although I can totally understand why the butter motley has caught your eye - they are stunning. It sounds as though you have a really good rep show near you....so just go in a few times, have a handle so you can get over those nerves....and then buy the snake you fall in love with, no matter what morph it is!

I am so pleased for you Tiffany and I know the time will seem to drag while you get the money and equipment together, but it will be worth it in the end and you can use that time to learn even more !

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000