New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  19:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okk, Today, and the last time I fed him, Moo had a right go at the mice I gave him, he doesn't usually do it though. I taped it for my dad to watch so I have a video. He usually just goes up to it and just opens his mouth and just.. well eats peacefully if that's possible LoL. But the last two weeks that he has striked at it, basically jumped and curled around it and really bites it. I have had trouble with the size of mouse to feed him, I am feeding him two weaned a week, he is quite slim as some of you may know but I'mnot sure if he's hungry after feeding. Please help, and I will post the video if you would like. Not sure if this is normal of not as I know corn snakes constrict their prey anyway.

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  20:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its normal. Constriction doesnt mean they need more food, its just their method of killing their prey. Also, if a snake if still hunting around afer being fed, that doesnt mean its hungry either, it just assumes that food is in the area and is looking for more as they will often feed at any opertunity.

Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  20:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh okayy thanks, I just wanted to make sure he wasn't hungry!

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  00:48:57  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i fed skittles on sat after not feeding her 4 a lil while after a regurge, blimy she was hungry, i put her fuzzie in, she striked at me but missed, stricked everywhere, at every movment etc n then eventually she found the mouse she took it nice n gently... well it was a half hearted strike but that was it after her darted everywhere etc lol.

but yeah when they constrict is great me thinks, when i fed the others on sat all of them either stricked or constricted except max of course who just didnt want his mouse grrrrr

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  10:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks crazyJJ!

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  12:38:20  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
tis ok :D all here to help :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000