Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am so ****ed off right now
i just got home from my grans to find the two plants that i had ordered a ciuple of days that arrived yesterday had been completly chewed, they were in my bedroom in the corner, no where for him to go and easily get and he must have wandered into my bedroom and nicked it and has now chewed it to bits, my 2 exoterra plants riuned, now in the bin, i feel taking him by the throat and not letting go
so annoyed at him an my mum, as every thursday she goes to work at 10 and leaves the dog in the house till i come home at 6, somehow he always manages to find something of mine to chew, last time it was a nice piece of wood that cost me a fiver that he chewed to pieces, and keep asking her to put him in his cage so that he canot chew anything
yet she seems to never do this and i am one suffereing, i am going to make her pay for the plants now, i am sevrly anoyed

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:22:07  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The first few lines makes it sound like your grandpa chewed the plants >.<

Surely they aren't that ruined? unless there is like no leaves left on there.

Can't you have a lock on your bedroom on the outside? Like a slide lock or one of those you put a a hooked piece of metal through a loop?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know its frustrating - my girl casey used to pick my things to chew on when she was very little..but lots of chewy toys and some frozen stuffed kongs soon fixed it..
maybe try and get some anti-boredom toys for him to chew when people are out..even if he is in his cage put them in there with him so he has things to do,
dont be mad at the dog or your mum - these things happen - your dog got bored and decided your fun plants were the toy of the moment, frustrating i know but if it keeps happening maybe you need to start putting things in a box with a lid on that he cant get to, or on top of your wardrobe or something?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:46:09  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I used to have a lovely plant, the only one i'd managed to keep alive (had it over a year usually I kill them all forgetting to water them) and my brother moved in and his cat ate the plant i nearly died D:

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

The first few lines makes it sound like your grandpa chewed the plants >.<

Surely they aren't that ruined? unless there is like no leaves left on there.

Can't you have a lock on your bedroom on the outside? Like a slide lock or one of those you put a a hooked piece of metal through a loop?

lol
liturally there is no leaf on the plant, all the plastic wire is in pieces, and every leaf is on its own, there is no way that it can be used
my dad keeps saying every weekend that he is going to go out and get a lock, but he doesn't, so this weekend i am making him go and get me a lock!!!

quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

i know its frustrating - my girl casey used to pick my things to chew on when she was very little..but lots of chewy toys and some frozen stuffed kongs soon fixed it..
maybe try and get some anti-boredom toys for him to chew when people are out..even if he is in his cage put them in there with him so he has things to do,
dont be mad at the dog or your mum - these things happen - your dog got bored and decided your fun plants were the toy of the moment, frustrating i know but if it keeps happening maybe you need to start putting things in a box with a lid on that he cant get to, or on top of your wardrobe or something?

he has so many chews round the house that we always leave out for him, be he refuses to touch them if we are not in, his favourite treat is peanut butter, he has a kong with his food in covered in peanut butter but he wont even eat that
he is sat in his cage now cuz he got told off badly by me, he will not come near me tonight lol

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

luke1989
Hatchling

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  00:03:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your plants are new and different so the dog must chew at all costs, hide them away in a drawer if you can to save the hassle, problem is you cant really tell a dog off for something they done hours before as they wont learn, they think your telling them off for nothing.

Go to Top of Page

mrsT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
186 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  11:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luke1989

your plants are new and different so the dog must chew at all costs, hide them away in a drawer if you can to save the hassle, problem is you cant really tell a dog off for something they done hours before as they wont learn, they think your telling them off for nothing.

Lukes right,he'll have no idea why you're telling him off.
I understand why you're so peed off though i would be too.Will your mum replace the bits he chewed?
My dog doesn't use his kong while we're out either,but we're really lucky as he doesn't chew anything......except last year when he took a dislike to one of my shoes

1 carolina corn - Jake

1 hypo lavender - Kane
1 xb dog - Zak

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  11:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd just shut your room door mate and put your stuff up high where he can't get to em.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  12:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately it is not the dog's fault Danny, he wont have known what he was doing was wrong and by the time you told him off he wont have known what he was in trouble for....it is only if you can catch them doing something that you can tell them off and try and train them not to do it. He is just doing what comes naturally to him....

I think at the end of the day (and you are not going to like this) if this has happened before and you know he comes into your room and chews things, then you should be taking control and keeping your door shut or anything you have out of reach of him. I would definitely get a lock for your door, if you dad doesnt get one couldnt you order one online?

I am surprised that your mum doesnt shut him in his cage when the house is empty if he is known to chew things....so I can understand you being annoyed with her. Hopefully this will teach her a lesson and he will be shut away from now on.

Is he left alone a lot? With your mum going to work at 10am and you not getting home until 6pm, it is a long time for a dog to be by itself. He will just get lonely and bored and want to find something to play with and chew....unfortunately your stuff is the stuff he has chosen ....so do what YOU can to protect it, but dont blame him.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000