Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  17:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whats going on fellas and ladies.
Im thomas, im currently research on getting a corn snake. im here to find out lots of things, i will be getting my snake two weeks from this post. wish me good luck and hope i can learn alot from you guys

laters

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

http://www.TCS-Chat.tk

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  17:53:18  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome to the forum.. glad to hear your doing your research :D

any idea's on what morph your getting/wanting??

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would mind a Amelanistic Stripe Hatchling

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
make sure you read up on the care sheet which can be found here http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm - its got all the important need to know bits and pieces on,
but feel free to ask us anything

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks hannahb and crazy jj

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:35:22  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  22:20:37  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome..!
Go to Top of Page

luke1989
Hatchling

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  23:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi welcome to the forum, and hope you find a nice amel stripe, take your time tho. dont just rush in anget the first one you see if you can help it. but good luck and post pics on the day

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  01:26:18  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
n'aww good choice there stunning :D but as Luke said dont rush into it... there will be plenty of them :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  09:41:56  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Good luck with finding your snake.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  09:54:22  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya! welcome :D Have you already chosen one specifically, or is it the first Amel stripe you find?

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  10:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Thomas, I am so glad that you have joined us and that you have done so before you get your snake so you can learn everything you can, definitely the sort of corn snake owner we like ! You'll find that this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship as a bonus .

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. HannahB has already directed you to the best place to look, the care sheet, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133.

Another great place for someone like you to get info about setting up is this thread - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878. One very good point it makes is to get all your equipment before you get your snake, so it is all up and running and you can sort out any problems before bringing your snake home.

We always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)....no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so it can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about your corn not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake.

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this when you get your hatchling, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

It is great that you have an idea of what you want. Do you know where you are going to get your amel stripe hatchling from? As the others have said, dont rush in and buy the first hatchling you see - it is vitally important the it is feeding and shedding well and you can see records to prove it. If you have a look at Iansviv you can see what an adult amel stripe will look like - http://iansvivarium.com/cornsnakemorphs.php. One thing though, you can get very set on a certain type of morph and miss some beautiful snakes as all you want is that particular morph....so keep your mind open .

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Sorry for the long and rambling welcome , you will soon learn I am famous for them! But I do hope what I have said has been helpful.

Go to Top of Page

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  17:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you Kellog that post really helped me. hope we can have some good conversation

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  03:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cornsnakenoob

thank you Kellog that post really helped me. hope we can have some good conversation

Glad it has been of some help to you....and I will warn you that my conversations are LONG !!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  13:31:36  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello n00b! and welcome here

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  15:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys for making me welcome

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  20:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  22:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi welcome good luck with your first snake ha ha lol why am I laughing???I wonder how many you will have in six months time ??? do you realise what you are doing??
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  20:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  21:13:04  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  11:11:01  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by Cornsnakenoob

Glad it has been of some help to you....and I will warn you that my conversations are LONG !!!

xxx

I agree with that but it is you.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000