Crestie - Missing scales, help.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  20:11:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know a few of you on here have Cresties so worth a shot posting my query here, aswell as on the rep.
One of my cresties seems to be missing some scales on the middle of his nose, just between his nostrils and then again between the eyes. There is no blood or oozing, but he does seem to be licking his nose quite alot, as if it is irritating him.
At first i thought it may have been stuck shed, which some of it was, but the rest seems to move with the skin when i move it around if that makes sense.
A mate of mine has ruled out a possble cricket attack but i dunno. He does live with another male crestie, but to me, it does not look like an injury from a scuffle, I think it might be a possible scrape on a sharp bit of a plastic plant or something.
But what do you guys think? :/
and does it require me to do anything, other than keep an eye on him and clean it with warm water?

Here is a couple photos:

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  20:36:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have no idea, maybe he has been rubbin his nose on the wall or metal mesh on top

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  20:37:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I don't have any cresties, but wonder whether it could've been a dry shed? Maybe wasn't moist enough.. and that isn't a dig, I just know how quick geckos can shed (leopards anyway) and there's been times where we've noticed Mojo looking a little pale, next minute he's eating his skin. So could've happened when viv wasn't humid enough or something? Just a thought and I hope you get a better answer soon and hope your cresty will be ok.

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000