Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  10:59:41  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sometimes if the humidity isn't right, they can break their egg tooth while trying to spilt the egg and then they can't get out. I wouldn't try it though, I have only hard people doing this after 48hours since the first one hatched.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  12:49:19  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What woulod not be right? I can't seem to get the humidity far above 90%. They haven't shrivelled so I figured they were fine... Would this damage the eggs at all? What is the humidity at when they can't get out? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm panisking slightly now... Could it be that the humidity isn't high enough, and they're trying to get out now?! :(
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  18:33:00  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure they are fine :) Mine were always a tiny bit shrivelled so that is probably why. Or the snakes could have died before they were ready to hatch who knows.

If that was the case, At least one would have got out even if the humidity wasn't right. Don't panick.

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  18:38:47  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha I'll try not to, lol. They're still growing though, and getting darker, more patchy.. so I'll just hope everything goes well! I hope they're just taking their time, and nothings wrong :s haha, I'm such a worrier! lol x
Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  21:55:39  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, they still haven't hatched. Don't know if I'm being impatient, but I'm sure they should have hatched by now :( I heard about cutting them open.. Is this not advisable for a novice? What should I do if they don't hatch soon? Sorry for being a pain with all the questions...
Taz

Edited by - taz666 on 24/07/2010 21:58:07
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  15:15:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is there any chance of pictures? I wouldn't cut them open, it may either kill the snakie or they could have died many weeks ago.

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  07:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine hatched at 71 days. i would just be patient i have heard of some taking up to 90 days.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  14:29:00  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, well I suppose I'll just have to learn to be more patient and wait til they hatch... they look okay so i'll just be optimistic :) thanks guys
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000