Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  21:14:25  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you're not far off then, good luck!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  21:17:01  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thank you :) x
Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  17:43:36  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... wondering.. I looked on the internet and it said they should be hatched any time now... But they're not really doing much.. Hope nothing's wrong :s! Or am I just being impatient? lol
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  22:34:44  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could you take a pic? Some take longer than other to hatch, just wait a tad longer :) what temp are they at?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  22:57:29  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They're at 27 celcius, so that's about 80F, right? I read up on the net that they should be hatched by about 65-69 days, so I suppose there's still time left..
Prob with pics, I can't get em from my phone to the pc, so I'm gonna have to find access to a camera :/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  23:20:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd still wait a bit longer, you might be surprised one morning :) Some eggs just take longer to hatch.

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  10:50:46  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'll have to learn to be more patient! :) How long do they take to hatch? As in, once the head's out, how long before the whole body? And when they do hatch, how long before I can handle? I know not to feed until they've shed, so does that apply to handling too? And should I move them straight from the incubator to little live food tubs straight away? Thanks :) x
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  11:33:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dunno, some of mine took half a day and there was one guy who just sat in his egg for 3 days, head out peeking and everything I put my hand it to get the others out, he would bite me lol

I have no idea about the handling question to be honest, I'd say a week or when they first shed although to be honest, not being able to touch them will be hard because
A) They are cute :3
B) They seem to poo a lot in the first few days after they first hatch and I'm sure you will need to pick them up while you clean up their poops.
I'd just say no excessive handling

I would try and move them straight away if you can, I'm not sure if you should but I would have thought it would been better than them slithering all over the other eggs and after the eggs hatch, gunk goes everywhere lol

Do your eggs still look plump and healthy?

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  11:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At 27 degrees I would expect about 60 days, however, that is not set in stone. There are a lot of factors that have an influence that we can control, so patience is key.
You will know very quickly if an egg dies, a couple of mine that died went almost luminous green, then brown, all in a matter of hours! Handling wise, avoid it really, you can, but I wouldn't, atleast until they have fed.
Hatching, some come out of their egg in minutes, some hours and some days, it depends how much yolk they have and how safe they feel.

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  13:24:35  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The eggs to me look okay, they're still growing, so that's got to be a good sign, right? They've still got speckles, and some have dark patches on, they look kinda transparent still, and none are caved in...
If they're growing, does that mean they're definitely alive, or is there stilla possibility that they won't hatch?
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  08:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are fertile, if they are growing then its good.
A lot of my eggs are overdue this year anyway, all by about 4 or 5 days.
There is never any guarantee that eggs will hatch, but, you chances are very good.

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  10:25:48  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
okay, thanks, thanks, that's comforting :) I looked on the net and it said that they shrivel slightly a few days before they hatch.. Is this true? Thanks again for your time
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  16:32:36  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I never knew the eggs could grow, learn something new everyday on here :)

Yes, mine shrivelled and went very transparent a few days before, I nearly chucked them away >.<

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  17:19:00  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mine haven't shrivelled yet, but they are starting to go transparent, should be some time soon then! Hope so :) I didn't think eggs could grow either! But apparently so! I don't get how it works?
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  17:27:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Same. I wish I paid more attention to my eggs to see if they grew!

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  20:18:44  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha yeah, I didn't notice myself until a friend came round and said they'd doubled in size, and I thought hey, they have! Are the pics of snakies in your sig from those eggs? :)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  21:20:39  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, the left most and the right most are 2 of 7 that hatched, the middle ones are their parents. If you want I have some picture of my eggs while one of the were hatching that I could put up?

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  21:32:47  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww cute! Sure! :) I love seeing little baby snakies, can't wait to have some of my own! Did you sell the other 5? I think, if everything goes smoothly, I'll keep em all, I'll have to MAKE room lol :)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  21:49:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
1 died a week later.. it was the first to shed, one of the first out the egg, looked all good. It was fine in the morning and it just quickly went down hill and died in the evening...no idea why. The rest I did sell, I didn't want to but I didn't have the room to keep the all when they were adults :(

My girl laid a lot of egg but for some reason or another, alot were infirtle but I couldn't move them as they were stuck together or some of the healthy eggs just did not hatch... I feel a bit bad and I feel that I should have cut some of the eggs open after 48 when the first one hatched :(

this is the shadowing I got.

Go to Top of Page

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  21:53:11  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, the shadows are similar to that. What do you mean by cutting them open? Is that because the snake can't get out?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000