Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  19:54:23  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say so but maybe her natural build is skinner is she has tyres. I have a snake that's nearly 4ft who's around 300g and she looks fine yet other people can be the same weight as your's and show no fattness.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right, maybe I should take some more pics of her full body, seeing as I am no expert?

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:44:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There's no need, I you'll know the ideal weight of your snake once she has lost some weight. Another way of telling is if she is stretched out straight as you can see white in-between the scales then she's porky so I would diet her until you can't see this any more.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  15:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that is exactly what I see! At first I thought it was her not shedding properly so thank you very much! I will just have to persevere with her diet. Thanks everyone!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  06:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to put it in a bit of perspective Angel, Kellog was nearly at the 800g mark and is 4'6" long before he decided he was more interested in finding a female snake than eating!! But even at that weight he was toned and a good shape, with no skin showing between his scales....so it really is down to what sort of shape the snake is in.

It definitely isnt anything you have done but rather a problem that you have inherited from a previous owner. Kellog is now on a maintenance diet of a jumbo mouse every fortnight and he will stay on that for the rest of his life.

As for exercise....stairs are a great exercise tool but it will take her a while to get used to them, so dont expect too much too soon. Also any sort of obstacle courses using boxes, stools, any household objects....anything that will make her climb around and use energy. Letting her move around a lot 'free' on the ground when you handle her will help as well, allowing her to cover as much ground as possible. Just try and think of anything that can be used as a fitness regime!!

But I will repeat again....this is not something for you to feel guilty about - I am just glad that you got her when you did, that she is in a bigger viv and that she now has an owner who cares enough to realise there is a problem and deal with it!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  20:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks kellog! Really helped me, Yes she still does have skin between the scales but I am working on it! xx

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  09:58:37  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My Romeo is 5.6ft and 907g , 3yrs old today but is not over weight he was checked at the vets and they said hes in good shape, i feed him every 20 to 25 days on 1 or 2 jumbo mice. And gets alot of excerise out side of the viv.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  13:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

My Romeo is 5.6ft and 907g , 3yrs old today

That really shows how different corns can be Hiper, considering the fact that Kellog is 2yrs older but 1ft shorter and about 100g lighter!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

princess
Egg

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  11:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:

That really shows how different corns can be Hiper, considering the fact that Kellog is 2yrs older but 1ft shorter and about 100g lighter!

xxx

Yes like the vet said all cornsnakes grow at different rates. xxx

Caramel Cornsnake CB09 -Whisky.

3 Dogs Meg,Roxy & Buster
2 Cats Monty & Carlo
2 Birds Dorris & Borris
1 Hamster Alfie
( No You Cannot Feed It To The Snakes)

<3 Hiper2009 <3
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  21:10:40  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:

xxx

Yes they all grow at different rates but i think the more time they have out of viv for handling and excerise then they won't really get fat.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000