Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  23:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little cooper the cat was busy throwing up all afternoon and we think he is very dehydrated now, hes gone to vets and is staying the night, so its fingers crossed that he is just too hot and wasnt feeling too well, not the other option which is bad!
Hes only 9 weeks old and weighs less than a lot of my rats!
hes only 900g!

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  01:01:15  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear that mike,fingers crossed for him

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  01:44:56  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
n'awww bless him :( hope he is ok, one of my cats has decided to keep being sick over the carpet (which is white i may add)but not as bad as all afternoon (she is also slim 4 her age) but hope yours will be fine keep ma fingers crossed for ya n him

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  04:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I am really sorry to hear about Cooper and do hope that it is just a case of a reaction to the heat and getting dehydrated. Maybe because he is a kitten he has not coped as well with it as older cats would??

I cant believe he weighs only 900g....that is not much heavier than Kellog used to be before he decided to stop eating .

I know you are a realistic sort of guy and understand what the outcome could very well be....but I also know how much you love your pets and how much you dont want this to be anything serious.

You, Kate and Cooper will be in my thoughts. I am sure you will keep us up to date....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  09:30:30  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aaaw no! Hope the l'il fuzzball gets better. xxx

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  09:34:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww no I hope he gets better! Din't think you were a cat person though I must admit.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  09:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, he is doing fine now, hes eaten, drinking, and was on a rehydration routine last night. So no doubt he will be back today overflowing with energy because he had to stay still all day and all night, so i probably wont feel the last of it!

On the downside, little Sinders the rat died just now, which is sad. Not quite sure what was wrong, but she was peaceful.

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  10:38:28  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeahy for your cat, but Aaaaw :( for Sinders :( *hugs* Their short life span is why I changed to snakes.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  12:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate the short life span too, although, it would seem most of ours are doing 3 years +!!
Grandma was over 3 years, naughty is still going and is well over 3 years, mouse is over 3, iggy is 2, hiro is 2,
Badger is nearly 4!!! He's blind as a bat, slightly deaf but he does love his cuddles!!

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  12:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cooper is a little gem - fingers crossed hes back to his old self soon
rip sinders xx

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  12:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's doing well apparently, keeping the girls at the vets in line, making sure he gets enough attention! Lol
We can have him back tommoro, so no doubt he will be tearing my fingers and toes apart before long!

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  14:21:15  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear Cooper is ok Mike. He is a gorgeous little thing.

RIP Sinders

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  14:26:06  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yey 4 cooper, typical kitten soon to be then... love it when there kittens haha :D

n'awwww r.i.p to lil Sinders glad he was peaceful thou

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  15:40:26  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear Cooper is doing well and back to his old self. He looks like a pretty cool little cat, i think there boss as kittens, before they start buggering off for weeks at a time lol.

R.I.P Sinders

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 29/06/2010 15:40:50
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  15:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup that's right, he is full of energy most of time, he hides in the wash basket then leathers you as you go past, scooby dissapears for ages, he comes back to eat, then goes off again! Although, when he does come in cooper manages to leather him too, then they have a barney over it, the size difference is mental, I forget scooby was that small not so long ago!
Coopers all time favourite is fighting with the duvet, especially if you wiggle your fingers under it!
Its a bit mean, but seeing him yesterday in the bathroom, he looked so pitiful, so bedraggled!
Everytime I saw him he would look at me and call me, he looked a right state. He's got massive ears too, big blue/green eyes, on a tiny head, he looked almost comical. But he looked so sorry for himself, he was all wobbly too.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  16:17:51  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that Mike
Fingers & Toes crossed for him.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  05:48:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so glad to hear that Cooper is on the mend and will soon be home terrorizing you again! Did the vet put it down to the heat? And if so how do you stop it happening again?

Am sorry about Grandma Rat (hadnt realised she had died) and Sinders....that is the tough thing about animals with short life spans, you get so attached to them but you dont have them around for very long so you have to go through that grief of losing them. Your rats must definitely be well cared for to reach the ages they are....which is unsurprising considering you are their owner !

Let us know how Cooper is once he gets home today....please ....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  17:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think its partially down to the heat, and partially down to him being a greedy little sod, he was having some milk of other to help him grow as he is very small, and he went through it like nothing else, once he had started chucking he got dehydrated and its a vicious circle then. He should be home today, so firstly he is not having milk again, and secondly, well, I don't know what else we can do, may leave the ceiling fan on in the bedroom.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  22:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well! Its Back! hes got more energy than i can throw a stick at, hes gets into even more trouble now, and hes nosey too!

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  22:24:56  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are so so funny when they are that young, although it is very painfull when they climb up your leg. Glad hes better now.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  22:30:34  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So cuuuuttteeeee :3 he looks like a smaller version of my ginger fluff ball. He certainly got over his illness fast lol

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 01/07/2010 08:40:04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000