0.1 Normal Royal
1.0 Bearded dragon - Spam
Female mixed breed dog - Sunny
Go to Top of Page

gregDT
Egg

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  21:26:58  Show Profile  Visit gregDT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good that he is back.

I had a couple of thoughts.

First mention that corn snakes cost upwards of £200 for full grown specimen's, so being responsible for loosing one would be expensive

And also a vote for viv locks. I bought one for less than a fiver and it's a life saver when curious spogs are about

Greg
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  23:00:42  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm glad he's back! :D Loks are a VERY good idea! they'll stop him escaping as he gets bigger anyway! (they learn how to open viv's!)

I would have said some VERY choice words to her, and then to him. I'm slightly more 'home truthy', so don't mind confrontation so much! :D

Is there any way your bro could put a simple slide lock on the top of the door, so that when they come over you can lock the 4 year old out?

I've found locking the front and back doors, turning my phone on silent, and putting on a fave album a 'little' louder than I would normally have it gives a great excuse for ignoring unwelcome visitors!!!

They shouldn't be turning up without calling first anyhew, that's harsh when you've just given birth.

Best luck M'dear, and hope the bleeding stops :( xxx

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  04:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do understand the situation you are in Twi.....and how difficult you would find confronting your aunt. I also know a number of people like her who just dont see the bad behaviour in their own children but will very happily have a go at other children for the smallest thing.

You CANNOT let this stress you out and I think you do need to be really open with your mum and tell her how all this is making you feel. Show her this thread if you think it would help. I am not sure if your aunt is her sister, but your mum's priority at the moment is you and therefore she should be able to have a few 'quiet words' with her about keeping her son under control.

I think the locks on the vivs is a definite yes....especially looking to the future and child-proofing the house for when William is older. But until you can get some then maybe do as Mouse suggests and get your brother to fit a simple lock on the door....cos at least then you know you dont have to worry about your snakes when 'that boy' is around.

Twi, you do need to try and control when people come round....it is up to you and not them. I know how hard it is to turn people away, but if she turns up and you are by yourself and feel you cant cope then just say that you were about to go and lie down so could she come back another time, and maybe ring first to make sure that it is a good time for you and William.

YOU are priority now....if you are stressed you are going to stress William and you will also make your bleeding worse. If this situation is causing you stress then stop it or get your mum to stop it.

I so wish I was closer to give you some moral support....I know if I was there I would have a few choice words to say to 'that boy'....and his mum!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  07:37:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I do understand the situation you are in Twi.....and how difficult you would find confronting your aunt. I also know a number of people like her who just dont see the bad behaviour in their own children but will very happily have a go at other children for the smallest thing.

You CANNOT let this stress you out and I think you do need to be really open with your mum and tell her how all this is making you feel. Show her this thread if you think it would help. I am not sure if your aunt is her sister, but your mum's priority at the moment is you and therefore she should be able to have a few 'quiet words' with her about keeping her son under control.

I think the locks on the vivs is a definite yes....especially looking to the future and child-proofing the house for when William is older. But until you can get some then maybe do as Mouse suggests and get your brother to fit a simple lock on the door....cos at least then you know you dont have to worry about your snakes when 'that boy' is around.

Twi, you do need to try and control when people come round....it is up to you and not them. I know how hard it is to turn people away, but if she turns up and you are by yourself and feel you cant cope then just say that you were about to go and lie down so could she come back another time, and maybe ring first to make sure that it is a good time for you and William.

YOU are priority now....if you are stressed you are going to stress William and you will also make your bleeding worse. If this situation is causing you stress then stop it or get your mum to stop it.

I so wish I was closer to give you some moral support....I know if I was there I would have a few choice words to say to 'that boy'....and his mum!

xxx

well sed kellog, agreed

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  09:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gregDT

First mention that corn snakes cost upwards of £200 for full grown specimen's, so being responsible for loosing one would be expensive

Dependant on morph mate, my adult male carolina cost's £50.
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  10:16:16  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol i paid over £120 for ginger and £80 for mouse

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  14:27:45  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Whats a little exageration if it scares them into leaving the snakes alone, although I doubt the 4yr old will be bothered, his mum will if she has to pay it lol. I once laid into some of my sons so called friends who thought it would be fun one night to open my gate and go round the back of the house n open the back door just cos my son didnt want to go out. I told them that if they allowed the dog to get out by their actions then they would be in serious trouble as my dogs are worth £10000. Technically thats a bit of an exageration as they aren't worth that much, it just costs that much to train and support each dog throughout its life. It certainly scared the lads enough for them to apologise lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  10:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

kellog will be here in a bit with her huge long paragraphs lol

Had to sig quote that..!

Edited by - hillzi on 02/07/2010 10:59:36
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  13:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See, this is why I dislike children, I can't stand them, they only have to be there and they irritate me. I don't let anyone near the snakes unless I am there, its bad enough that they let themselves out, don't need a small person helping me!
On that note, the striped boa let himself out again, of all things, he managed to pry off the vent he got out of last time, just this time I had glued it with.......
2 tonne epoxy!!!!! He certainly is tenacious!

Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  19:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

xxx

well sed kellog, agreed

I agree too, I'm surprised your Aunt can't remember how tired you are after having a baby!! My baby is 17 next month and I still remember.
I would be right beside you Judith, having a wee cuddle of William of course lol

Twi, how are you and William? Hope you are managing to get some rest.

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  19:48:51  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We're good, I had a bit of a high temp the other day but that's gone down now. William is eating almost none stop at the moment but still sleeping well at night so i cant complain. He got weighed today, hes up to 8lbs 14oz :3

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  19:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhh, he got weighed, are u keeping a diary
more pics plz

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  20:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww bless him, that's a good weight and it's great that he sleeping well at night

Glad your temp settled down.

Look forward to seeing more pics

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  20:31:42  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol ok heres some pics :D

First up bed head! XD

Thoughtful? o:

Giving me moody look cause hes not being fed lol

learning early o: seriously he did that in his sleep with no help from me lol

cant say hes not comfy xD

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  20:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhhhhhhhhhhh, hes so cute, love all those poses lol
he super cute, bet all the girls will adore him when hes older, hell be fighting them off lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  20:57:50  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He's lovely Twi. Looks like a very content little fella!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  21:01:10  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol he should be hes terrible during the day, wont sleep if i put him down, as soon as i move him he wakes up wanting more food, its no wonder at only a week old hes put on so much but i cant complain cause hes a little angel at night, will sleep in his moses basket after a feed between 10-12 then wake up between 2-4 then sleep till about 6-8 when i usually get up, if i dont i can have lie in till 10 when he usually wakes me up for nother feed lol

Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  21:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, William is gorgeous

Can't get over how much hair he has lol. Love his look in the third pic and his Pooh Bear bib

Thanks for sharing his pics with us. He's perfect and no doubt be a heart breaker when he's older

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  05:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sizzlesmum

quote:

quote:

I do understand the situation you are in Twi.....

xxx

well sed kellog, agreed

I agree too........I would be right beside you Judith, having a wee cuddle of William of course lol

Thanks ReptileDanny and Sizzlesmum....it is nice to know some people read and appreciate my LONG paragraphs ! I do try to only say what I would want to hear if I was in Twi's shoes in these circumstances.....I dont mean to ramble on ....

Twi, William is looking gorgeous and you are obviously doing a brilliant job for him to have reached that weight already....although I guess it is not surprising if he is using you as a milk bar all through the day!

I think my favourite pic is the last one, snuggled up close to mum listening to her heartbeat....best place to be.

I know it may seem tough at the moment with him wanting to be with you throughout the day but remember he is only little and has spent all those months inside you. To him it is a big scary world and he needs his mum's cuddles and his mum's smell and his mum's milk to reassure him that he is safe. When he is a bit older you can start putting him down and leaving him to cry for a bit....but for now just enjoy every minute of being able to hold him close - they dont let you do that for very long (you try getting a hug from a teenager!!)

You are doing great Twi.

(sorry, another LONG post )

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000