Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  09:20:51  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Every time my aunt comes around she brings my 4 year old nephew who she just lets wander around everywhere and do what he likes, before I would keep an eye on him and keep him out of my bedroom where the snakes are but Friday I was busy with the baby cause he had a bit of tummy ache so he wasn't happy. So when it came to bed time I wnet upstairs and I did my usual, settled the baby and then checked the snakes and changed the water. I went to Mouses viv to find the viv open slightly and Mouse was nowhere to be seen. I know I never left it open, I'm always very careful to make sure that it is closed properly cause he's so small it would be difficult to find him if he did get out, I had caught cousin in there earlier and he had said something about being able to hold mouse but i told him he couldn't and thought nothing of it and didn't think to check x.x It would all be find if I knew when he might have escaped, theres no way he could get out of my room with the door shut cause theres next to no gap under the door since we put the carpet down, but the door had been left open while i was sorting out things to go to bed (Its usually kept shut) I have torn the room appart and can't find him anywhere, the only thing I have left to do is go through the bin bags of stuff pilled up in corner of room if hes not there I dunno where he could be. I'm worried he might have got out of my room and the cat might get him, but not only that theres enough gap under the door of the airing cupboard for him to get into that and at the back of that is just a boarded up door which leads to next door I'm going to be in so much trouble if he gets in there cause I'm not supposed to have snakes over 2ft in the house cause they class them as dangerous D: They're supposed to be coming again today but I'm so annoyed about it I'm worried there might be an argument :/

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  10:28:58  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
tell them straight. I would. An get thm to help you look. Your house your rules, you said no, and he was rude enough to ignore you, and now your snake is missing.

I would be fuming.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  10:42:19  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh Twi that's awful. I do hope you find lil mouse, and soon. I'd be really p***ed off if my relatives were like that. I'd just have to say something if it were me, although I can understand that you might find it difficult. Maybe if your nephew goes to wander off you could just ask if the aunt could keep an eye on him because you need to look after William now. If she makes some excuse or says 'he'll be ok' you could explain about mouse and tell her that it worries you when he's left without supervision. After all most homes have hazards for young children and you could say you'd hate for anything nasty to happen to him!
I hope the visit, if they come, goes ok.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  10:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just tell them straight, it is there fault that he is and i hope they feel bad about it, as well as you just having a new baby and the stress of that u now have a new stress with mouse missing, your nephew is rude any way going in your bedroom let allone getting the snakes out himself, i would fuming if one of the cousins or someone got monty out without my asking and then forgot to close the cage properly. its your house so your rules, they either follow them or not at all. sorry for anger i just feel so anoyed that this has happened to you. hope u find mouse soon, hope the cat is not about, get them to help u look, i now how stressful it can be losing a snake, he will turn up eventually, kellog will be here in a bit with her huge long paragraphs lol

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  19:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what a sod!!!. you should find it chap. they hide in the most strangest of places

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  20:08:53  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well bad news it hes deffinatly not in my room, i've torn the place appart checking every little corner and under every thing, thrown everything out the drawers and cupboards checked behind and under and inside every piece of furniture. How i managed to do that and look after william i dunno but I did.
Then they turned up in the middle of Williams feed, with their 4 year old son and 2 year old grandson in toe. I managed to get william to sleep only to have my aunt pass him to my nan who then starts swinging him around and patting his bum and wakes him up and of course then he wants feeding again cause hes awake and shes fighting with him to get a dummy in his mouth while waving him around so he pukes all over her, of course now hes even hungrier cause of that, while im trying to sort out william the two kids are running around my house unsupervised. My aunt asked if she could make herself a cup of tea and i told her i'd rather she didn't and she should leave. I am beyond ****** right now.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  20:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im not suprised, i would be so ****ed by now if i had a baby and had just got it off to sleep and then someone went and woke him up did u tell them about mouse, glad u chucked them out, they deserved it lol hope u find him soon, if i lived anywhere near u i would come and help u look for him but i live to far away so sorry for all the stress u have been under, im ****ed and its not even my house or snake i really am praying for u to find him, he will turn up, keep your hopes up... im now in a bad mood myself, better kepp out of parents way lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  21:30:51  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah whats worse is because I've been frantically trying to find mouse in the hopes he was in my room so it would be simple to find him I've done to much and cause heavier bleeding from having baby so I'll have to rest tomorrow instead of looking for him again :(

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  22:13:55  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
GOOD NEWS!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D!!!I just wnet upstairs and got a fight when I saw him climbing up the bag of Go-Cat on the landing, dunno why he made me jump probably cause I wasn't expecting to see him there. Just put him back in his viv, going down to shop on tuesday and buying locks for both the vivs not having that happen again.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  22:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awh that great news . glad he is back safe and sound. nothing worse than one going missing. our did it the other night and got a smack bottom for his troubles lol

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2010 :  22:29:12  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Twi thats great news about Mouse!!! Not so good that you're bleeding heavy tho' you must take care....all that really matters atm is you and William. Do like you said and have a day or two of rest. If you feel visitors are getting too much just ask them not to come. Anybody that really cares will understand how tiring it is with a new baby.
I'm glad Mouse scared you in the nicest possible way!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  05:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I started reading this thread Twi I just got more and more angry at your family, and more worried about Mouse and even more worried about you. This stress is the last thing you need at the moment.

To finally read that Mouse is safe is such a relief....I bet you felt like crying when you saw him!

But Twi....this is now YOUR house and YOU are the mum and I think it is time that you made your feelings known, although I do realise what a big thing this will be for you. Have you talked it through with your mum? Surely she cant have been happy with the way your aunt handling him once you got him off to sleep and then your nan waking him up and everything that went with it?

You just need to be calm but strong. If William is asleep and they go to pick him up ask them not to as you want him left alone. Only give him to them to hold when you want them to hold him. And if you see anything happening, like your nan trying to stuff the dummy in his mouth, that you dont agree with....then say so and take William back. You know what is best for him.

As far as your nephew is concerned is there any way you can make a rule that he is not allowed in the room where the snakes are without you or your mum being there? If necessary buy a lock to the door! I do mean it about this being your house and you need to make your feelings knows. I think your family is too used to walking all over you and will continue to do so until you put a stop to it. Again, just do it gently and tactfully to begin with....hopefully with your mum's support - but you do it, not your mum. And if that doesnt work then you need to be stronger with them. You are not a child any more Twi and they need to stop treating you like one.

I echo Herriotfan's concern about your bleeding. I am not surprised you have made it so much worse with your searching for Mouse and it was something you had to do....but now it is VITAL that you rest. You control who comes and if your aunt is too much at the moment then say no, you are too tired to see her. She will just have to accept that....and so will anyone else you dont want to see at the moment.

When do you see the midwife again to check on your anaemia?

You are strong enough to take control of this Twi....just look at how far you have come and be proud of yourself and gain strength from it. You know where I am, if you cant get me on msn then email me.

Love Ju
xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  08:53:02  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your aunty should be keeping an eye on her kids, if this was me I would tell her to put the thing on a lead, look after it or tell her not to bring her child or for her not to come round at all until she learns how to keep an eye out on her children. It's just plain rude that she would do this to you around and you shouldn't be any under stress specially with your own little baby now in the world.

I'm glad you found your snake, but it could have been so much worse, maybe you should explain that to your anuty and your nephew.

I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing you but the only way to stop if from happening again maybe those locks? It may also be quite a good idea incase William when he's older decided to have a play with your snake unsupervised.

Or, scare them all by saying your snakes are poisonous ad if you get bitten, you could die in half an hour XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  10:53:04  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah the only problem is you emntion anything and she ignores you and says hes fine and behaving. I didn't bother saying anything about mouse cause I knew she would just deny it saying he wouldn't do that. I mean when he does something at home they blame it on someone elses kid so I couldn't win with that, it would just go in one ear out the other if i even mentioned it. Wouldn't have been so bad if mum hadn't been in work, I think I'd have pretended I wasn't in yesterday if Wi;;iam hadn't been crying. Deffinatly getting locks though, did have some but i've lost them in the move :/

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  12:29:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't let her in your mouse until the children are being older, I know it's very harsh but sometimes people need that kinda treatment :/ I know what you mean about those kind of people though, one of my aunties didn't really look after her child wehn she came to our and he ened up breaking something and he said he didn't :/ there's also been money missing but meh.

Maybe your mum would be better off explaining to your aunty though that it's not fair she lets her child run around your house, specially with such a young baby in the house. Sometimes people need telling from multiple people before it starts to sink in :(

I have to say well done for keeping your temper though, I think I would have slap the kid lol and if his mum told me it wasn't appropriate I would have shouted and given her a good one XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  16:43:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry i havent ben back earlier, so glad u found mouse, i am over the moon and he isn't even my snake, i imagine what u feel like, take it easy now twi, especially with the bleeding, he is back now so take every thing easy, lye in bed with william next to u and come one here, very relaxing, and lol to pretending ur not in lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  18:57:20  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was sooo lucky though cause I had followed the cat upstairs when I found him, she didn't seem to notice him though. Checked on him today he seems happy enough, hes had water and hes been moving around the viv like normal so i dont think the adventure has even phased him.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  19:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think he might have enjoyed it but maybe prefers his viv lol hope nothing like this ever happens again as i will have to march down to yours and give your nephew a good lecture

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  19:05:26  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Next time I'm going to make sure that they atleast don't come when I'm alone atleast when my mums here he doesnt get away with much. I try to avoid comfrontation so its handy to have my mum around cause she will happily shout at him if hes doing something wrong lol

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  19:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha lol, just fake that your not in then lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  19:53:59  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad Mouse turned up for you Twi. I would have been fuming if that had happened to me. You need to be resting whenever you get chance not running around after a 4 yr old boy, lazy Aunt and searching for an escapee snake. Your Aunt really should have more consideration. I think you have every right to set some ground rules and decide when and for how long you have visitors - not just have them turn up. As for your nephew, the others are right - your house your rules. If he breaks the rules, tell him off. If your aunt doesn't like it then she knows where the door is.
I know it sounds harsh but the only ones who matter at the moment are you and your little William.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000