Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  08:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

Stella, as some of you know, has been a BRILLIANT feeder since i got her last october. She has only ever refused once, and that was when she was in shed.

She has been having 2 x Fluffs for the last 5 feeds.

However last weekend i offered the same, and she refused one. I thought nothing of it. She poohed it out after 24 hours and all week she was hunting around for food like she was hungry! Which im not surprised about really.

Then Sunday i offered her the same 2 x Fluffs, and she did the exact same thing, took 1 and refused one. Then Yesterday she poohed it out (after 24 hours, normally takes 48 hours)and all last night and this morning she is hunting around in a frenzy for food.

Normally after a feed she lays low for at least 2-3 days. Then doesnt start 'hunting up' untill after 5 or 6 days.

The 1 x Fluff that she has had for the last 2 feeds now has left no lump at all.

Is she telling me that she no longer wants 2 x Prey items and that she wants to go onto a larger single prey item?

Thanks,

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  09:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She won't tell you that, she will only imply as to what she doesn't want, you can try something bigger, and to be fair, if the food doesn't leave a lump, then it needs to be bigger.
24 hours is a bit quick, I doubt its that feed passing through, more likely the previous one.
Try her on larger, it won't hurt.

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  09:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

It is deffinitely that feed passing through.

I keep a log and monitor her sheds/feeds/passing waste very closely and she always passes her meal within 48 hours, i never handle her untill she has poohed.

I will try her on something bigger either way.

Thanks,

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  10:40:06  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My Reggie did the same, he ate 2x fluffs for a couple of feeds and then started refusing the 2nd one. I gave him 1 for a couple of weeks as it still left a bit of a lump and have now moved him onto some small crawlers.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  10:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's very fast, they don't usually digest that quick, that's on a par with the russian, which is known to have a very fast metabolism, hence they grow so much faster than corns, even at a much lower temp.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  11:50:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My little one pooped out small pinkies in 24 hours and it was leaving a bump but I moved it up to bigger pinkies anyway and it seems like it's done the trick.

If feeding two prey items wouldn't the first one get digested in the same time that you feed one one anyway? If she can hadle 2 fluffs then the next size up I imagine will be fine for her I'm sure but maybe pick out one of the smaller mices in that size up if it's a massive size change.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000