Blue stage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  15:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello all, my snake has been in the blue period of his shed for about 4-5 days is this normal?

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  15:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes thats normal - it all varies between snakes though so some are blue for 2days and others are blue for a whole week,
after your snake has been blue they will go clear again and you will think that they have shed when they havent, iv noticed that my mont goes blue, then clears up and then just before he sheds he goes a slightly darker colour and sheds revealing his nice new colours

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  16:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

cheers.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

111 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  19:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mines just gone 8 days

winston
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  20:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What HannahB has said is right Marc, all corns differ in their timing and it can differ between sheds.

A few days after it has gone clear you need to look out for it being a bit more active, then rubbing its head along the sides of its viv, hide, any branches, etc. This happens because it is trying to loosen the shed from around its jaw....and once that has loosened then shedding can happen very quickly! But be warned....I am convinced there is a corn-conspiracy ! They seem to wait until their owners leave the room and then slip out of their old skin and slither round quite happily in their new bright colours showing them off when their owners return to the room....with their old skin lying forlorn in the corner . Seriously though, a lot of corns shed at night and I know a number of members havent had the chance to see their corns shed....despite keeping them for a number of years. So I really do hope you get lucky and get to see your corn shed.

What is vital once your snake has shed is checking the shed skin for the eye caps and tail tip....as if these are retained they can cause problems. If the shed is not a clean one then you know where you can come for help.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000